12 ft Winter Warrior build

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby steve smoot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Gary, you are lookin' good there... :thumbsup:
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby YuGun » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Perfect, go on...
:thumbsup:
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby starleen2 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 am

Gary - what size plywood are ya' using for the exterior? Something I learned is that if you have a gallon or two of unused paint- paint that "other" side of the plywood before you cover it up with insulation and paneling. it helps keep the moisture from penetrating from the inside of the sheet. This is an old upholsterers trick I learned from covering boat seats - the "high end" manufacturers painted BOTH sides of the wood before upholstery, others just pained one side. On the ones that were painted on both sides, I almost NEVER had to replace the wood - can't say the same thing about the others :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks for the tip Starleen unfortunately it's a bit to late. :cry: I've already have the sides covered with good old faithful luan. I used that on the WW and it seems to hold up pretty good except that one sheet I keep repainting.
I don't have the inside ply on the back half I think I'll use that idea there but I just glued the last of the inside ply on the front half so it's to late up there.

I've some more pics put haven't gotten them posted yet I'll try to do that this afternoon.

gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:40 pm

It's been a while and I have gotten some things done.

Here's the front wall with the tongue box floor and the pattern of the side of the tongue box

Here is the support for the bed.

This is the bed with battery box on the left.

Nest is the hinge support wall.

Gary
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Sorry that I haven't posted lately but I have made some progress in the last month.

This is the front view with the tongue box roughed in and the roof on. I'm trying to decide on how I'm going to tie the tongue box into the roof and still have it usable.

This is the back right now with the hinge wall and the door into the bedroom.

This is looking through the door into the bedroom.

I had to make some changes in the roof design 1x2's on side didn't look like it was going to work so I made them into T beams which is why you can see them in the ceiling. I think they look kinda cool that way though.

Hopefully I'll get the time to figure out the tongue box this week and get it finished so I can water proof this much and start on the back wall and hatch.

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby bdosborn » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Gary,

Good progress, its starting to look like a camper. :thumbsup: That wall to the bedroom will stiffen up the sides a lot.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Looking good, Gary. Just over two months until LCG5. Tick, tock. :lol:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah CD I know that's why I'm planning on concentrating on the out side and working on the cabinets later. I hope to at least have a shell to sleep in that will keep me dry. :lol:

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:50 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: A month to water proof and a month to sit around and congratulate yourself. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby starleen2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am

Makin' some good progress so far - it's really taking shape now :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Nathan N » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Gary,
How tall is that front box? I went back and read where it will be hinged on top.... You toting a ladder around to get up there? Maybe standing on the tongue it isn't that tall.

Looks interesting, looking forward to seeing it in person some day.
:thumbsup:

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby starleen2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:07 pm

just a thought. . . perhaps a side door on the box? that would eliminate the hinge issue, but would also mean another door on the side :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Nathan the tongue box is 47" at the back and 36" at the front that's measured from the tongue so I have to stand on the tongue to get in it. But it's big enough that I could hide in it. That might be where I sleep if Trudy gets mad at me. :lol:

Starleen I'm probably going to put a door on both sides to get in the bottom but not right now I'm trying to keep as simple as I can to get it done then I'll start finishing suff. Sooner of later there will be a AC in there but that will probably be this winter after they go on close out.

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Gary - why hinge it at all if you're going to have doors in the side anyways? If the premise of the tongue box is for the A/c unit then why not put a gasket around the perimeter of the top and bolt the top on - that way you can remove it when needed to get to the really big stuff that might need servicing. At the top - perhaps insert a flange to over lap the seam at the roof line to allow water to passover without getting into the tongue box :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals