CaseyKraft 2 -- updated 11-5-2011

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby starleen2 » Sat May 02, 2009 6:57 pm

caseydog wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:Day-um!!!!....that's all you got done??? Wutchabeendoin???? 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt it. The first 80 percent of these projects goes fast and easy. It's the last 20 percent that takes forever.

CD

The "cat" is in the details
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby caseydog » Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm

starleen2 wrote:
caseydog wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:Day-um!!!!....that's all you got done??? Wutchabeendoin???? 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt it. The first 80 percent of these projects goes fast and easy. It's the last 20 percent that takes forever.

CD

The "cat" is in the details

Yes, indeed. :twisted:

I'd love to have help with some of this stuff, but my closest help is PlanoVet, and he's a cat guy. That worries me. He could be the "Anti-Dog."

It would be a shame if he came to the garage, and I had to smote him.

AHA -- see, I used "smote." :lol:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sat May 02, 2009 7:03 pm

BTW, this is the profile. Basically Benroy, with an 18-inch radius corner up front, and a 36X24 ellipse at the rear.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby High Desert » Sat May 02, 2009 7:44 pm

woohoo, all that on a rainy day too. :thumbsup:

it may give one pause to see how much thou doth accomplish in fairer weather
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Well, I am loving this thread. CD, I am so anxious to see your finished product. You have some great ideas. Will it be ready for Cloudcroft? You will be there won't you? That gives you 2 months to do your "7 day creation".

Good luck and I hope everything goes very smoothly.
Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 pm

caseydog wrote:Okay, I got most of the roof ribs in, and my countertop for the galley -- it will be a "pass'thru" galley counter. The area from the counter to the roof will be open, with a canvas panel that velcros in to close it off. On cold mornings, I can take down the panel. roll it up, and make some coffee inside. Or, if it rains all day, I can even cook inside, if I have to.

Sorry about the plain talk. Dog make the rules on this thread, and Dog is too tired to think that much.

:applause: :thumbsup: I really like the idea of a canvas panel. You will love getting up on those cold Oct mornings and having coffee without getting outta bed. :twisted: :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby caseydog » Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Miriam C. wrote::applause: :thumbsup: I really like the idea of a canvas panel. You will love getting up on those cold Oct mornings and having coffee without getting outta bed. :twisted: :thumbsup:

I have to be honest. That was an idea that came to me as I was measuring the opening to cut a piece of plywood to close it.

It just hit me -- what if I keep this open? And then, the canvas panel idea hit me.

It is amazing what you can come up with on the spur of the moment, if you keep your mind open.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat May 02, 2009 10:04 pm

caseydog wrote:
Miriam C. wrote::applause: :thumbsup: I really like the idea of a canvas panel. You will love getting up on those cold Oct mornings and having coffee without getting outta bed. :twisted: :thumbsup:

I have to be honest. That was an idea that came to me as I was measuring the opening to cut a piece of plywood to close it.

It just hit me -- what if I keep this open? And then, the canvas panel idea hit me.

It is amazing what you can come up with on the spur of the moment, if you keep your mind open.

CD

If you make it like a tent window you can have a screen too. Seriously it is looking great.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby planovet » Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 am

caseydog wrote:I'd love to have help with some of this stuff, but my closest help is PlanoVet, and he's a cat guy. That worries me. He could be the "Anti-Dog."

I don't want to be smoted :(
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Wimperdink » Sun May 03, 2009 12:35 pm

caseydog wrote:

CD

My wazat is wide open at the back like that. Quite frankly I like it that way. Rather than close it in with wood or temporarily close it in with canvas, my intention is to install a removeable screen and possibly a split curtain for when the, odd now and then, privacy is needed when the hatch is open. I really like how open my wazat is because of no seperating wall there. I'm not much fond of having a galley anyway. I do most of my camp cooking with a stick and a bonfire. The picnic table can handle the rest and I don't have to worry about cleaning grease splatters out of the galley from the mornings breakfast.
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby caseydog » Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm

And Dog looked upon his TD, and asked, what can I doith this day.

And then Dog dideth little, as the next steps shall be more difficult, and shall require more funding.

So Dog set about finding things to sell on eBay. :roll:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sun May 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Translation: I am at the point now where I need to cut out the ribs for my hatch, skin the roof, add the doors and put the wheels and tires on.

I have the wheels, and the tires are on the way.

I traced the curve for my first hatch rib. I did not feel like cutting it out today. It is going to be a PITA, and I don't look forward to it.

The doors are the big challenge, as they will cost $600 shipped. They are the doors I want, so I need to scratch up the funds to buy them. Time to sell some stuff on eBay.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Sun May 03, 2009 6:00 pm

planovet wrote:
caseydog wrote:I'd love to have help with some of this stuff, but my closest help is PlanoVet, and he's a cat guy. That worries me. He could be the "Anti-Dog."

I don't want to be smoted :(

Smitten? :o :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby caseydog » Mon May 04, 2009 4:39 pm

My tires arrived. Tomorrow I'll mount and balance them. I'll probably not put them on the TD, yet. It's easier to work on the TD on the blocks, IMO.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Mon May 04, 2009 5:40 pm

More pictures (I know how much we love pictures)...

1. Here is the profile as built. I won't cut the door holes until I have the doors in my possession.

2. The roof ribs are in, with a frame for a fantastic fan.

3. I put some camping items in the galley area to show the size and scale of it.

4. Here is a shot through the pass-thru. I'll be able to use the galley top from inside the sleeping area, and close it off with a removable panel.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals