And so it begins....

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

And so it begins....

Postby eaglesdare » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:46 pm

well not really, not yet. :lol: i just want to make sure i have accountablity and a place to put all my thoughts for whatever may lay ahead.

i also gave a little bit of thought on how to protect the work and where to do the build. today i went a priced out a carport with 1 back wall. liked the price, so next friday i will put the order in. she said it would take 3 to 4 weeks to deliver and set up from order date.

the carport was the easiest to sell the hubby on, as i used the pretense that i was buying this for him. :twisted:

i took him to tractor supply with me, just to look at things when he finally asked "what things". i gave him my thoughts, and so far so good. no objections on his end.

i took him to lowes also, so i could price out some stuff, well actually i wanted to know what masonite was, as i saw that mentioned in one of the threads. lowes did not know what i was talking about. i also did not know what i was talking about other that the thread said he used masonite for the curved part of the tear.

i have also decided on the trailor.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... &Submit=Go

this one will be good right? this will also be ordered next friday.

so this is where i stand right now.

i won't have any updates til i place my order and they arrive.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Eaglesdare, I would move up one trailer. Those 8" wheels aren't much to brag about. The 4 lug 12 inch are what I would consider minimum. :thinking:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=90154

Edit:
Here's a 20% off coupon good until Feb 15, that will take the sting out of the higher price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hftusa/mag ... popsci.pdf
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:03 pm

is that coupon good for ordering online? i don't have a store nearby, we are in the sticks.

the coupon says in store purchase. maybe i could just call the order in and tell them i have the coupon.

also i will go with your choice of for the trailer, thanks.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 am

eaglesdare wrote:is that coupon good for ordering online? i don't have a store nearby, we are in the sticks.

the coupon says in store purchase. maybe i could just call the order in and tell them i have the coupon.

also i will go with your choice of for the trailer, thanks.

Good idea. The 8" tires will work but the 12 will give you more options.

Congrats on the garage! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby fishfinder » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 am

I am just finishing my build and I cannot urge you enough not to buy the light trailer. I am building on the 1740# trailer frame and I am greatful for the extra strength of the frame, axle and wheels.

Mike
The Journy Begins.
fishfinder
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 pm

could someone do a rending , well 2 for me?

one using the trailer in the second post above, (if that trailer is the one most recommend i get).

i would like to see a rendering of that trailor put together with feet/inches on the sides and ends, with placement of the tires.

and one rendering with a floor on top, extending over to make it a 5 x 8.

i would appreciate this. i have some thoughts running threw my head and i am trying to pull them out to attempt a model.

thank you to whom ever may be up for this.

i can't really do what i want yet because i just have no idea where those tires sit, in feet/inches from either end. also if its possible, how long and wide is the tire, i mean if i were to cut out around or build up and over the tire. i need to know how much room or lack there of to work a model.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Here's one specifically for the HF trailer, from the Design Library (you can thank Andrew)

http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t ... tear22.htm
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Build Journals