water holding tank

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

water holding tank

Postby garp55 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 am

I am considering putting in a shower and toilet in a 5" x 8' trailer. I saw the one George Teagues built that has a pop up roof that allows for standing. I did the drawing and although it will be tight, I believe it can be done. My question is, do I need a holding tank to use to fill up and connect the water supply or could I hook directly to the campground water faucet using a water pressure regulator. I do not plan to install a water heater as I saw several portable type water heaters you connect to the cold line and plug the heater into the AC. Any advice on this water problem would be appreciated and thanks for your past answers to my posts. Gary
garp55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike_La » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:03 am

All you need is a water connection to campground water spigot. If you use PEX water lines in your build, no regulator is needed.
Mike

"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
Theodore Roosevelt
Mike_La
Silver Donating Member

A big thanks

Postby garp55 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:33 am

I appreciate the quick response, I assume that if I were to use the camper in the wilds, then I would need some type of water container on board. thanks again Gary.
garp55
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Build Journals