Fiberglass fenders building your own filling in box may 4

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Fiberglass fenders building your own filling in box may 4

Postby glassice » Sat May 01, 2010 10:40 pm

I have had a few ask how to make a mold of a f....../part
you should figure at lest 35 to 50hr to do it that block sanding that kills the time. the fenders will add a lot to the looks .So over the next 4 weeks will show how we do it it will show how to do glass.
Will show a 12"/ 30.48cm. H.F. are T.S type f..... some pic will be of a 41 Willy's roaster f....... Fiberglass f..... we want them to last for 50 years
hopefulley toy pusher will chime in he has some good pic in his alu
Last edited by glassice on Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It is not the return ON my investment that I am concerned about; it is the return OF my investment
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Fiberglass 12" fenders molds to fender the plan

Postby glassice » Sat May 01, 2010 11:56 pm

OK I will try to get heater to do the videos the plan it will be a 2 part mold that way you can do all type of fannies things with it maybe the tiles you use in the kitchen lay in the top inlays of what ever in the side.
I have gone 91/4"/57.785cm wide . It leaves room for a flat tire. small off set 4 wheels. Had to round wheel wells to me it look bad if flat and a lot stronger if a tire blow out. I want a place if i did French teardrop light I did the side walls a full 3.5"/8.89cm to fell in side wall of trailer not as tiny it a full 30"/76.2cm long
You can make what ever side you want the buck will look like finish f........./part. If you want try some wood molding on top sides it you want resets on the side just use a router and cut some groves
I cut the out side outshap out of 3/8"/0.9525 mdf then Image
then glue to some 5/8" mdf that covered the whole shape that will be the run out on the moldImage then cut last piece the back out of 5/8 mdf 1/8 to 3/4 biger that will be some of your taper.
Last edited by glassice on Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is not the return ON my investment that I am concerned about; it is the return OF my investment
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 am

Now this thread Im watching very closely. I want to give it a try. :) :) I know Kerry has also made fiberglass fenders. :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Gage » Sun May 02, 2010 3:28 pm

goodlife2 wrote:
you should figure at lest 35 to 50hr to do it
Man that a lot of time just to do a set. Do you sell them and how much.

Lil' Bear also sales them.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby glassice » Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 pm

gage what i am doing this for is there is a lot of artes here that would like to make one off fe.... for themshelf .Some would like a mold but it would be more just to ship Than the mold cost to have made.

TOY PUSHERS sell them .

All so this will be a Little a bout what to look for. do they use core mat to stop rocks , how many layers are they useing there some you can tear with your hands.are they using Continuous Strand Veil Surfacing to stop print threw.

goodlife2 It can take less time to build it just what you want and when you add clean up time going to the store. \
More pic in my Alm.and will try to add more every few days

have been told toy pushed dose not sell them any more he sold his molds to grant
Last edited by glassice on Wed May 05, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sun May 02, 2010 6:15 pm

glassice wrote:gage what i am doing this for is there is a lot of artes here that would like to make one off fenders for themshelf .Some would like a mold but it would be more just to ship Than the mold cost to have made.

Not trying to rain on your parade. He asked a question and I was just giving him another resource besides yourself. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby glassice » Sun May 02, 2010 8:37 pm

After cutting the back out of 5/8" 158cm MDF then it time to make a box cut spacers to make as wide as you want It's time to decide what the top will look like. If it flat and you can get wood to bend like in toy's Alu Page 13.then glue it down. If you are going to have concave are what ever I shove foam down a 1/3 from the top then fell with sheet rock mud it bonds to it shelf.IT MUST BE DOWN 1/2" so you can add bondo the cheep stuff that way you can WET SAND it to get smooth . Image

EDIT after you get the box done you need to make the top shape you do not need to fell the box in I go down a 1/3 and put foam are cardboard any thing to hold sheat rock mud 2 part foam cost to much to fell to the top and if you are going to add a shape you can get it back( it must set up a !/4" you will be adding some bindo over the mud to keep it dry
Last edited by glassice on Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby vtx1029 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:01 am

Awesome, but any chance you can post bigger pictures?
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Postby goldcoop » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 pm

glassice wrote: TOY PUSHERS sell them .

Glass-

Kerry (toypusher) sold his molds to Grant @ Lil Bear:

http://www.lilbear.teardrops.net/parts3.html#fenders

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Wow I need to jack my price up $75.00 bucks and no more $250

Postby glassice » Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Wow I need to jack my price up $75.00 more bucks and no more $250 kit fe....with $ 70 shipping thanks .
If you do one,s like them, that can be done in a 1 piece mold . and will cost more to do in time and cost! Look at the wheel opening See how it flat with a round eages it look finish it a lot stronger .WHAT THIS is for, picture this with a bigger side wall maybe 3" to 6" looks righ to me but it your parts (on the buck I am useing 3.5" not 2.5 ") with 2 are 3 bars maybe your trailers name some carving in the side a T&TT LOGO on the top if you have a 3d router your face on the back are MINE .We are doing a trailer with a 3d eagle charging a fish in the sides. When I show the glass it will be how to make then last for a very long time
There's outher parts that some might like to make one off of
IN THIS POST IS NOT A ENDORSMENT OF ANYONE WORK ARE COSTImage
Last edited by glassice on Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue May 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Knock it off Glassice....the admins are all onto you for using an alias to have a conversation with yourself and try to peddle your stuff. You yourself must not have much confidence in your product if you have to do this type of backdoor crap to peddle it....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby glassice » Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Doug I am not trying to sell anything I put up a shell every now and then I know you are Grants freand I buy from and send pople to him . Are may be I am goldcup and gage they brout up grant have you see any adds for any fe.....in the last 4 years. HOPFULEY THE REST CAN BE ABOUT DOING A SMALL PART IN GLASS.
Last edited by glassice on Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue May 04, 2010 6:33 pm

My point is that we all know that you and goodlife2 are one and the same. A mock conversation with yourself which enables you to bash others and come across as innocent is pretty poor business practice.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby mikeschn » Tue May 04, 2010 6:41 pm

glassice,

there is no need to have a conversation with yourself(goodlife2)... especially for the purpose of promoting your wares.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby glassice » Tue May 04, 2010 6:56 pm

good life has got shells from me never meant him and I hope all that buy from me are my Friends . i am in the middle of a move and few have my PH# THIS IS OVER YOUR BUD worrying about some one splashing his fe..... and selling them at a better cost .AFTER I AM DONE WITH THE 2 WILLYS I WILL BE DOING JUST THAT WITH ALL THE EXTER THAT I PUT IN THEM THEY ALL WILL BE $325 ARE LESS AT THERE DOOR
Last edited by glassice on Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Build Journals