Bob's Build. The Tintanic..Some Improvements

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Wow! Bob, that looks like it is going to be a really nice TD! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby vwbeamer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 pm

:applause:
vwbeamer
Teardrop Master

Postby StPatron » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Excellent, Bob! I can tell a lot of thought and planning went into your build and I admire your perseverance during cold weather. You should be very proud! :thumbsup:
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Bob Patterson » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:04 pm

I thank you all for the kind words, and though I am building my dream teardrop, it was basically designed by DMcCam, (Dave), as the Atma Travelear. I just borrowed his designs with his kind permission because it
was exactly what I wanted in a teardrop. :D
Dave, it's a testament to your great planning and vision that folks like my tear so much. :bowdown:
Thanks Dave. Thanks also to aggie79, 2bits, cliff, kent and many others for the ideas and inspiration.

When I got home from work yesterday, I had a looooong tube on the carport the mail lady had left from Grant Whipp. I got my hurricane hinge and all the trim work. Yaaaaaaa!
I've got two weeks vacation during the holidays, and weather permitting, I should get alot done. :designing: I can't wait.
All the best,
Bob (& Reggie)
Bob Patterson
Donating Member

You got me to lookin......

Postby bob fender » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Bob,
I know you've been makin sawdust, beings your not at work, please show some pics. as I need some inspiration. Really wantin to see your metal work. Hope you and yours had a joyous Christmas.

'da fender
bob fender
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bob Patterson » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We sure did. 8)
Welcome to the madness Bob Fender. You'll find that you have hooked up with a lot of great folks that will help you anyway they can. Anything you need to know about teardrops and tiny trailers, you'll be able to find it here.
Well, I started my vacation last Thursday and was ready to get the sawdust going again. This is what Mother Nature had in store for me. :rainy:
This was 2 in the afternoon and looked more like 7 in the evening.
After all the rain, I was finally able to do some work on the hatch.
I thought I was going along pretty good until I tried the hatch on the teardrop. I was very disappointed with the fit. :x
I finally figured out that I had forgotten to cut two of the hatch spars to the correct length. After taking it apart, cutting the two spars, and reassembling the hatch, it fit perfectly. :P
I also got some polyurethane on the cabinets.
and some stain on the cabinet frames.
I have alot of prep work done so in the next few days, weather permitting, I should have a big jump forward in constuction.
I really need to come up with a name for this thing. Everything I come up with sounds lame to me:
Rocketear
Helter Skeltear
Stratocastear
Telecastear................
Help
All the best,
Bob (& Reggie)
Bob Patterson
Donating Member

Postby bob fender » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I've been here for a while, been watching your progress and others, even did a little work on your Tear........

'da fender
bob fender
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 pm

:wine: You must like to drink wine, since you used a wine emoticon...

How about The Wine Wagon ?

Or, if you're going to have a decoration theme, make the name go with that. Or, if the teardrop will be used for a special purpose, the name could come from that.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Bob Patterson » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:15 pm

How you doin' Scott? When are you going to make some saw dust?
All the best,
Bob (& Reggie)
Bob Patterson
Donating Member

Postby bob fender » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Bob,
I've been makin some, just not on what I want to. I've got bad habits, like to live indoors, eat 3 or 2 times a day and the like.....I'm still tryin to find a round-to-it, you got a spare?? You build looks really good, keep on keepin on. When's the 1st camp date?? I want to just be around when you do the ally, keep me posted.
'da fender
bob fender
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CliffinGA » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 am

Bob your build is lookin great and you can always pick a name when your done :lol:. Fender if your not ready to build check CL saw a tear up that way for $650 the other day on there.

Cliff & Sheri :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Bob this was on CL today in your side of GA and I thought of your friend Bob Fender. I tried to talk to Sheri into letting me get it and had to run before she scalped the skin off the top of my head :lol:.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/rvs/2760743743.html

Cliff & Sheri
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DMcCam » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Wow Bob, you're doin' great! Nice to see how well your hatch is turning out and everything else too. One way to come up with unique names is to make a few lists of things you like. List titles like, Favorite Pastimes, Camping Favorites, Pet Names (not necessarily pets like dogs or cats of course), etc... Once you have a few lists you can then start blending them together.

All the best my friend,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby Bob Patterson » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 pm

S. Heisley wrote::wine: You must like to drink wine, since you used a wine emoticon...

How about The Wine Wagon ?

Thanks for the suggestion Sharon. That would work, but so would the Vodka Vessel, KahluaKamper, or the Beertear. I like them all. :lol:
CliffinGA wrote:Bob your build is lookin great and you can always pick a name when your done :lol:.
Cliff & Sheri :thumbsup:

Cliff, I may have to do just that. I was hoping to come up with a name to make it easier when refering to the teardrop in a post. Oh well, I got some good suggestions to help me come up with one.
DMcCam wrote:Wow Bob, you're doin' great! Nice to see how well your hatch is turning out and everything else too.

Thanks, Dave. That means a lot coming from you.

I did get to do a little last weekend.
I put my art deco look onto the cabinets.
I like the way they turned out.
I then put the handles and pulls on them.
Then she was ready for the ceiling liner.
I don't get to take any "action" pictures. Everything is always after it is done.
I guess it's time to start the wiring. :scratchthinking:
All the best,
Bob (& Reggie)
Bob Patterson
Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 am

Dang Bob, you're really moving on your build! Your cabinets look great too! That looks like a regular mattress 4-5" think, is it foam? At this point your going to be done well before me. Thank you for letting us tag along.

All the best,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals