6x10 for a family of 4

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: 6x10 for a family of 4

Postby bartek » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Looking good! Do you have the 50% current limiting terminal hooked up on your Renogy Dc to Dc charger? Just curious.

Yeah, I learned that I had too. Without it I noticed once in a while the current limiter would kick in the car and cut off the power. This wasn't a problem when testing at home (with charged battery) and I only noticed this after the first trip.
Took me some time to figure out why the rear view camera kept disconnecting during the drive (I have it all on the time to use it as a "rear view mirror")
bartek
Teardrop Advisor

Re: 6x10 for a family of 4

Postby bartek » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:34 pm

I am also planning to widen and extend the NT 5 X 8 trailer... I can see what you did for the front and rear... did you do something similar to widen it on the sides of the frame?... If so, can you show some pictures of it?

veedabowlu - no, the sandwich constructions is really strong (if I had metal support on the sides I'd likely make it thinner) so I just left it overhang (it's not a large overhang) on the sides with no support from the frame. Looks like it's quite commonly done this way.
So far after one full season of camping, no issues.
Image 6x10 family teardrop, build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73426
bartek
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Build Journals