Indiana Rambler

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Indiana Rambler

Postby Indiana Rambler » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:28 pm

JasenC wrote:It's looking great.
For the rear are you just planning some type of roll pan like a pick up w/o a bumper?
Thank you Jansen. Possibly. Not sure yet. Wheels are still turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:29 pm

tony.latham wrote:A really really fine job. :applause:

Tony
Thank you Tony.

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:32 pm

First photo in the wild. About 80 percent finished. Just need some finishing touches and odds and ends. Wanted to get it out and see what we like, don’t like, need to change.

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:38 am

Second trip, an overnight in southern Indiana. Image

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:28 pm

Third camping trip, more issues! Well, easy ones anyway. Wife said she hated the part of getting in and out of the camper, and I agree. The door lip doesn’t feel good on the ol’ patucthka, so I made some gunnel boxes for sitting and slipping off of getting out of the camper. Figured more storage to throw stuff in as well. I made them removable in case we decide they aren’t what we are looking for. Used some left over wood from the build, and she’ll make a nice little pillow to put over it for added protection.

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 am

Spare tire is mounted. Thought about making the mount, but Amazon has a better price at $30 and a silver powder coat, I couldn’t bring myself to do the welding

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Indiana Rambler » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:46 am

While in the first year of trailer to and from campsites, the Indianapolis roads make the axle take a bit of a beating on the fender wells and tires. I went ahead and flipped the axles (even though is discouraged) to get us by through the season or even a permanent fix. The camper ride is about 6 inches more and we have not “bottomed out” since. There is a small degree of camber, about a half of degree negative. We’ve taken the camper about 2500 miles since the flip and not had any issue with clearance or tire wear. To make sure of piece of mind, maybe a Dexter 3500 lb axle will be added with trailer brakes. Image

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby dabend » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:12 am

How do you like the laminate flooring planks that you used? I tried self-stick vinyl planks because I thought they would be durable and easy to clean, but was sadly disappointed in how the edges keep popping up even though I smoothed and sealed the floor before putting them down. I plan to replace them next year and the laminate planks look like a good choice. Did you glue them on or are they floating?

You have a nice looking camper and I like how you made it oversize on the 5x8 trailer! Darrin.
dabend
Teardrop Builder

Postby KCStudly » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:38 am

I had the same issue with self adhesive tiles curling up on a work bench/countertop. I went ahead and reglued them down with the same adhesive, and notched trowel, used for non-self adhesive tiles; never had a problem again.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Indiana Rambler » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:50 am

dabend wrote:How do you like the laminate flooring planks that you used? I tried self-stick vinyl planks because I thought they would be durable and easy to clean, but was sadly disappointed in how the edges keep popping up even though I smoothed and sealed the floor before putting them down. I plan to replace them next year and the laminate planks look like a good choice. Did you glue them on or are they floating?

You have a nice looking camper and I like how you made it oversize on the 5x8 trailer! Darrin.
I really like the laminate planks. Just about any of them out there will do. I chose the middle of the road price wise of planks, just because of the small area I was going to cover. I floated them just like you do in a home. I ended up putting quarter round over them as well, but you almost never see them because of the mattress. I also put planks in the galley and they seem to be holding up nicely even in the weather. I would recommend and would do the planks again. And thank you for the compliment!

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby dabend » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:43 pm

KCStudly wrote:I had the same issue with self adhesive tiles curling up on a work bench/countertop. I went ahead and reglued them down with the same adhesive, and notched trowel, used for non-self adhesive tiles; never had a problem again.

Good to know! I've thought about doing that, but at this point I think I'll go with the laminate planks since I need to pull the vinyl ones up anyhow.

Thanks Darrin.
dabend
Teardrop Builder

Postby Indiana Rambler » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Picked up a Climate Rite 5000 btu unit a few weeks ago. So I went to the drawing board (my head) and found a way to mount the unit on the camper. We didn’t want a unit hanging out in the wind while traveling, so I picked up a two inch receiver and draw bar and went to work. I didn’t want to burn any paint on the trailer so I made provisions to bolt the receiver on under the toolbox. Of course we will have to stow the unit in the back of the tow vehicle but I’ll just add this to the setup process. Plus, we will only use this at electric hookup and when we know it will be extremely cold or miserably hot. Image

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:10 pm

Looks good! :thumbsup:

We found with ours, the AC eventually froze up when we had the return air coming from the cabin. Fix was simple: simply leave off the return hose and get the air from outside.

For heat, we need that return!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Indiana Rambler » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:Looks good! :thumbsup:

We found with ours, the AC eventually froze up when we had the return air coming from the cabin. Fix was simple: simply leave off the return hose and get the air from outside.

For heat, we need that return!

Tom
Great suggestion! Now I won’t have to figure that out the hard way! Thank you!

Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Build Journals