6x12 anti-stealth enclosed trailer conversion

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: 6x12 anti-stealth enclosed trailer conversion

Postby Wrecit » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:04 pm

Not the big update I have been promising but I did finish the rear bed door fabrication and thought I would post some pictures.

I chose to save alot of money and rather than using T metal I used 1 inch angle iron and welded the frame together with my trusty harbor freight core welder.

Here is a view of the back side

Here is a close up of a rear weld prior to doing some flapper wheel action

And a closer look at the front after the welds were ground flush

I did alot of math and did it about 12 times then cut the piece of plywood to use as my jig/guide. To make sure everything fit tight I used a router on the edge of the plywood because the inside corner of angle iron has a hell of a radius.

Tomorrow I will be fitting the bed door and attaching the piano hinge. When all is said and done I will Bondo the face so that it will look like one smooth piece.

A pro tip if you are ever welding 1/8 inch angle. Always strike your arch from the outside of your corner first. My first corner I went from inside out and melted out the outside edge about 5/16. I was able to attach some backing metal then do a fill in weld to fix my mistake but it was alot of extra cutting and grinding to get it looking right.

I hope to do my big update late this coming weekend so stay tuned
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby Wrecit » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:26 pm

OK been quite a while since I posted. Long story I won't get into but the ctc had to be put on hold for a few months but I finally started back today by installing the new 3/4 inch floor.

During my hiatus I was able to aquire the cabinets for the project. I will be using wall cabinets that I will build a base for and I was also able to get an over stove and an over fridge wall cabinet that I will be hanging above.

I also was able to create a floor plan to help visualize the project a little better.Image
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Postby Greg M » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:06 pm

Nice to see you back at it. I hope things stay better for you.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Build Journals