Easter Egg

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Easter Egg

Postby Dan [Sac] » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Pmullen503 wrote:No galley?

An awesome build. So much innovation packed into such a small package.

Thanks!

No galley for a few reasons...one, the trailer isn't always parked where you want to eat - some parks have a specific vehicle area that may be some 20+ feet from where you hang out. Also sometimes we cook on the provided fire pits, which again would be away from the trailer. When I rented a teardrop with a galley, it rained...and it rained in the food, and on me too. Some design changes could prevent that from happening, but carrying a 10x10 is certainly less mass than the extra equipment needed to make a galley viable. So all things considered, no galley was more useful for me. I am certainly envious of some the setups I see though, but to make it an all-in-one trailer would add too much complexity even for someone as prone to self-torture as me :)
Last edited by Dan [Sac] on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Easter Egg - build thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75230
Dan [Sac]
Teardrop Builder

Postby Pmullen503 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:38 pm

I don't have a galley on my ttt either. I spent many years wilderness camping and have a very compact and lightweight cooking setup.

I get that for many "camp cooking" is a big part of the fun.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 am

Pmullen503 wrote:I don't have a galley on my ttt either. I spent many years wilderness camping and have a very compact and lightweight cooking setup.

I get that for many "camp cooking" is a big part of the fun.
I have a galley that I use for storage. I prefer to cook away from the camper for easy cleanup reasons. I also like to take advantage of firepits at campsites for cooking, so my setup is fluid.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby twisted lines » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:04 pm

What saw were you having so much fun cutting the steel with?
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dan [Sac] » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:07 am

twisted lines wrote:What saw were you having so much fun cutting the steel with?

Makita chop saw with a dry ferrous metal cutting blade - works very well on carbon steel
Dan [Sac]
Teardrop Builder

Postby Onajourney » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:19 pm

twisted lines wrote:What saw were you having so much fun cutting the steel with?

I am now a dedicated Diablo Steel Demon user. I used them on my build for all the steel, aluminum, and stainless steel countertop. It is nothing short of amazing. I put it in my circular saw, miter saw, and even the table saw. It can cut 1/2 rebar like butter. They should send me some after this endorsement. LOL
Onajourney
Teardrop Master

Postby twisted lines » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:17 pm

I have a makita saw but mines the old 3800 RPM /dust bomb :cry:
Not nearly that fun.
Nice build.
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dan [Sac] » Sun May 07, 2023 11:56 pm

March 2023, a week+ trip to Morro Bay, Joshua Tree NP, and Success Lake - (planned in late 2022)

The last two days, through Tulare County, were incredibly stressful as the Tule River was bursting its banks and the west-bound road out of Porterville was washed out and flash flood warnings were blowing up my phone ("shelter in place"...like, i'd love to but I'm literally near the body of water trying to escape its bounds...). The entire drive back to Sacramento (~8 hours) was through monsoon-like conditions.

Both car and trailer handled it great though, but I needed a weekend to recover from that ending.

The desert, though, was magnificent as always. I had a great time out in the big silent nature.

Monterey next weekend if all goes to plan :wine:
Dan [Sac]
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Build Journals