EZ BBQ Marinade

Your recipes which you'd like to see in the T&TTT Cookbook #2.

Moderator: Mike B

EZ BBQ Marinade

Postby len19070 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:39 am

An EZ BBQ Marinade

* Italian Salad Dressing
* Barbecue Sauce

Directions:
This is a trimmed down recipe that I condensed from a great BBQ Chef. All the ingredients he explained for 1/2 of the mix were in "Italian Salad Dressing". SO I USED ITALIAN DRESSING! All the ingredients for the second half were in BBQ sauce, So....I USED BBQ SAUCE. If you want you can make your own Italian dressing & BBQ Sauce, but why?

Remember, this is the "EZ BBQ"

Cook chicken, ribs, steak or what ever you like in the oven for 30 min. at 350 degrees. While it's cooking, mix Italian salad dressing and BBQ sauce, half & half in a bowl (you can add spices/hot sauce to taste at any time). Get some big Zip lock freezer bags and pour some of the mix in it.

Remove the meat from the oven.

While the meat is still hot drop it into the bag and seal it, allow to cool. While it's cooling it's sucking the mix into the meat (capillarity action). After it's cooled you can freeze it or put it in a cooler if your going to use it soon. Throw the meat on the grill just to warm it up and put "Grill Marks" on it and your a Hero.

No muss, no fuss, no basting, it's done. And you can save what's in the bag to use again.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby sunny16 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:34 am

I've used Italian Salad Dressing for chicken before. You can use the powder mis and sprinkle it on or a bottle and pour it over the chicken while baking. I have also marinaded (sp) it before baking. The BBQ sauce sound real good. I'll have to try that. Amazing what one can learn on thei forum!
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

just be carefull

Postby laoutdoorsman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 pm

over the years in my experiences....the oil in italian dressing will tend to flare up on the grill if left unattended....great for steak...i like steak cooked very hottt and very very fast...charred on the edges is just fine(for steak)...

but chicken on the other hand....nobody wants "burnt" chicken...

where im from..bbq sauce doesnt go on until the end...

but..sounds like a good flavor..good idea!!

btw...my best steak marinade is italian and wuts-this-here sauce...about 3:1 ratio...
mike breaux...its pronounced "bro".....
i think i should have taken notes along the way, because ive forgotten waaaay more than i remember...
laoutdoorsman
Teardrop Master

Postby legojenn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Ketchup & teriyaki sauce is good too.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby sahaanco » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:09 pm

we use teriyaki marinade and Italian dressing. Mix one bottle of each together in a Ziploc bag with your chicken. Let it marinade for 3 days then grill it.
sahaanco
Teardrop Inspector

might not want to re-use marinade

Postby tearhead » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Might want to be careful about re-using marinade though? To be on the safe side, I think most cooks feel that juice that had raw meat sitting in it should be discarded. Here's a link:

http://www.canfightbac.org/cpcfse/en/co ... inades/#59
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Pat:

Len said to cook the meat first and cool in the marinade, so it's not raw. Personally though, I'm overly cautious when it comes to that stuff, so I wouldn't re use it my self, but it should be safe.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Yes, so he did and thanks for pointing that out. I think I was keying into the 30 minutes idea. Thirty minutes isn't very long for, say, a thick chicken breast. If somehow the meat isn't cooked through and sits awhile cooling, that could be a problem. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm really interested in the method (sealing in the bag, the meat sucking up the juice, etc.). Just wouldn't want to take a chance with re-using the marinade.

The various links I've found say if you boil used marinade hard for five minutes, it's safe to use as a sauce (i.e., with the meat it was on) but then wouldn't be much good as a marinade for other meats due to the changes boiling makes.

I'm with you--I err on the side of caution. Food poisoning is no fun and if there is the slightest concern, I pitch whatever it is. :CC
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Food poisoning is no fun

If you've spent a couple days with Len, you might rethink that comment!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
parnold
Donating Member

Return to T&TTT Cookbook #2