New Design - Stubby Standy

Canned Hams of all types and sizes...and Bread Boxes to go with that ham......

New Design - Stubby Standy

Postby stomperxj » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 pm

I've had this one sitting on the ol' hard drive for awhile so I thought I'd post it up for the masses.

Stubby Standy:
6'-9" overall height
8'-0" Body length
11'-0" overall length
5'-9" standing height
6'-5" body width
Torsion axle
Dropped frame similar to the RetroBox
Bed=49x75
Potty in the corner
lots of storage space

Pics:

I also have this drawn up at 8'-6" body length just to add to the bed width if anyone wants to see that one. Similar in a few respects to the original Puffin and the Vintage Clone. If i had to guess on weight it would be just over 1000#...

Enjoy :)
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Postby wlivesey » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Very nice design.. I've been toying with an extended version of a Widget (aka Long Widget or Widget XL) I think your design fits more into less space. Nice work!
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Very nice design. What are the dimensions of the bathroom?

Do you have a view looking into the bathroom, with the front/roof on?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby stomperxj » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

wlivesey wrote:Very nice design.. I've been toying with an extended version of a Widget (aka Long Widget or Widget XL) I think your design fits more into less space. Nice work!

Thanks Bill... ;)

mikeschn wrote:Very nice design. What are the dimensions of the bathroom?

Do you have a view looking into the bathroom, with the front/roof on?

Mike...

Mike-

Bathroom is 30" x 34", the long dimension is going across the trailer and the 30" is at the widest part of the bathroom which is at the flat part of the nose...

View thru the doorway:

View from the back corner with the curb side wall turned off:

Want to see anything else?
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Excellent... that's what I wanted to see... this would solve the porta potty in a small build for many people, and no hatch to worry about building either...

And plenty of storage, under the counter, under the benches, and next to the bathroom, and even above the beds! Wow!

Excellent design. What would it take to make up some blueprints of this design for the masses? Maybe post it in there in the menu next to the Generic Benroy?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby stomperxj » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:40 am

mikeschn wrote:Excellent... that's what I wanted to see... this would solve the porta potty in a small build for many people, and no hatch to worry about building either...

And plenty of storage, under the counter, under the benches, and next to the bathroom, and even above the beds! Wow!

Excellent design. What would it take to make up some blueprints of this design for the masses? Maybe post it in there in the menu next to the Generic Benroy?

Mike...

Yeah Mike.... I'm going to clean some stuff up in it and start working on some plans for it... might take me a little while but I'll get it done ;)

Thanks for the compliments... :thumbsup:
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Wow!

Postby Alfred » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 am

Wow! Cool! What a neat looking design! Man oh man...I see stuff like this and I start thinking of build #2 and I don't have build #1 but 2/3rd's done!

AL in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby ssj4jarrod » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:36 am

Hi, I am planning now to build my trailer in the spring. I was wondering what your frame dimensions are. I have a frame 6'4" by 6'6" with a 41" tongue. I was wondering what your ground clearance was on the design? My trailer suffers from having a 16" to deck clearance... I'm thinking of a new Axel
“You know that other party, who said he saw something, that we know did not happen? He realizes now, he didn't see what we know did not happen...â€
ssj4jarrod
Teardrop Builder

Postby Noob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Not too bad, not to bad ... I like the vertical storage/cubbies, esp. if it where to double as a ladder to get to a bunk bed.

:)

Bend the knees, watch the trees, 5$ please.
Noob
The 300 Club

ahhhhhh

Postby Jeeper92 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

reminds me of the puffin
Jeeper92
500 Club

Re: New Design - Stubby Standy

Postby ldlaughlin » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:46 pm

I know this an old thread, but I absolutely love this compact design. Very nice!!!
Dean
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Canned Hams & Bread Loaves