Running Propane Line from Tank to Stove

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

Running Propane Line from Tank to Stove

Postby Capebuild » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 am

My stove is on inside of trailer in galley. The propane tank is mounted on outside side wall (same side as where stove is located). I plan on creating a hole in the outside wall through which the propane hose would travel to meet up with the stove. However, what I'd really like to do is, instead of running the actual hose through the hole, is insert a bulkhead through the hole in the wall where I can make the fit tight and snug. Attach a 90 degree fitting on outside end of bulkhead onto where I'd attach the section of hose (with a 1/4 inch female fitting to bulkhead) with the regulator which connects to propane tank. On the inside end of bulkhead (on the interior of trailer) is connect another hose (with a 1/4 inch female fitting to interior bulkhead end) which meets up with the stove.

Does this seem like an okay way of doing this? A plumbing store sales person gave me the impression gas lines should not be spliced and should have one continuous hose run from tank to appliance. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you.

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Re: Running Propane Line from Tank to Stove

Postby pchast » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 pm

First any connection is a possible leak.
Only use yellow thread tape for gas.
Vibration often loosens things.
:D
I'm unaware of any rules or regulations otherwise.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby USMCDon » Sun May 28, 2023 12:15 pm

Be certain all your fittings are of the same type. I had a gas leak under the sink, in the galley. Upon investigating, I found That the manufacturer had installed a line with a flared female fitting to a non flared male fitting.
That is just one explosion away from death and a lawsuit that would destroy the ttt manufacturer. That manufacturer's name is OkSchooners, by the way.
USMCDon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SLJ » Sun May 28, 2023 4:25 pm

Make sure you use the correct regulator. Interior RV stoves are typically low pressure and need a RV regulator for low pressure systems. Most camp stoves (not all) are high pressure and will not operate on an RV regulator correctly. Most will come with their own regulator built in or in line with their hose for attaching directly to a tank.
2021 T@B 320S Boondock
SLJ
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Sun May 28, 2023 4:33 pm

RV stoves are typically low pressure...

He was working on this back in March. I suspect he's got it installed by now. The Partner stove he is using comes with a high-pressure regulator--27 PSI. They are top-of-the-line.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby USMCDon » Tue May 30, 2023 6:32 pm

I have a OkSchooner 2022 6x9 . It has a two burner stove top with flexible lines. The one coming from under the trailer has a compression fitting. The one that joins to that has a1/4 NPT fitting. It has always leaked , of course! I finally got under the trailer(I'm 79 and not able bodied) and searched it down . Had to cut both hoses and install a brass splice, No more gas smell! no more empty gas cylinders !
That is OkSchooners. Buyer beware !!! :frightened: :thumbdown:
USMCDon
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets