exposed brass gas fittings

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

exposed brass gas fittings

Postby Lumpy Waters » Sat May 09, 2020 5:25 pm

I'm in the process of installing a Camco Wave 3 heater in my squaredrop trailer and am preparing to plumb the propane lines. I have a brass bulkhead fitting so far, looks like it will work. The plan is to have a male quick-connect fitting on the exterior wall of the camper, capped with a rubber plug while travelling. When using the heater, connection will be made with a female quick-connect on the regulator hose end, supplied from either a 20#, 5# or 1# cylinder as needed. I'm trying to decide if 1.) the male trailer side quick-connect should have some sort of weather proof cover like my electrical input jacks have and/or 2.) if the quick connect union should be kept from being exposed to rain while in use, and 3.) would it be better to put the bulkhead fitting in the floor and have the quick connect fitting under the floor between the frame rails? The latter placement would be somewhat less convenient. I'm not sure which placement- wall vs floor- would be better as far as exposure to potential physical damage. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!
Lumpy Waters
Teardrop Inspector

Re: exposed brass gas fittings

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue May 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Our gas piping with brass fittings is mostly under the tear and there were no problems over 12 years.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets