Ultralight foamie floor/frame, pulling with a maxi scooter?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Ultralight foamie floor/frame, pulling with a maxi scoot

Postby BrianInVA » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:06 pm

I finally found out what they are. They’re the window cutouts from the manufacture of insulated garage door panels.

As such they should be fairly sturdy.
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:21 pm

BrianInVA wrote:I finally found out what they are. They’re the window cutouts from the manufacture of insulated garage door panels.

As such they should be fairly sturdy.

I was wandering about the size, but now it makes prefect sense.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
Teardrop Master

Postby BrianInVA » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:30 am

I found an even better, cheaper option, close enough to go get them easily:
8F609570-4779-48E9-9B9D-AD0BFDA2F91E.jpeg
8F609570-4779-48E9-9B9D-AD0BFDA2F91E.jpeg (521.71 KiB) Viewed 112 times

“These panels are 26x76 - These are cutouts from a material we use a lot of. They aren’t perfect on all of the corners, but very straight edges and very durable. They are fiberglass coated 1/4” plywood on each side with polyurethane foam insulation in the center. They work great for sheathing, insulation, or any project you need panels or sheathing material for. These are 1 5/8 thick panels. I can also get Panels a bit larger like 36 x 76 and 42 x 78. They are about 35 pounds. $8 per panel.”
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:37 pm

BrianInVA wrote:I found an even better, cheaper option, close enough to go get them easily

“These panels are 26x76 - These are cutouts from a material we use a lot of. They aren’t perfect on all of the corners, but very straight edges and very durable. They are fiberglass coated 1/4” plywood on each side with polyurethane foam insulation in the center. They work great for sheathing, insulation, or any project you need panels or sheathing material for. These are 1 5/8 thick panels. I can also get Panels a bit larger like 36 x 76 and 42 x 78. They are about 35 pounds. $8 per panel.”

Score!!! :applause:

JasenC
Teardrop Master

Postby BrianInVA » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:44 pm

JasenC wrote:Score!!! :applause:

Definitely! I’m picking up several Friday.

And I just found a used 38” x 50” Rv door with frame and window for $75, plus he has two Rv windows I can use for $20 each. I’ll pick them up on the same trip.

Amazing what useful “bargains” can be found patiently searching Facebook Marketplace on a routine basis.
Last edited by BrianInVA on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JasenC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:37 pm

I've been looking for rv windows on the cheap for like 8-9 months, still nothing, they better hurry up or I'll just make my own.

JasenC
Teardrop Master

Postby BrianInVA » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 pm

JasenC wrote:I've been looking for rv windows on the cheap for like 8-9 months, still nothing, they better hurry up or I'll just make my own.

This seller bought an old travel trailer to make a car trailer and was just trying to get rid of the parts. I assume an Rv door this size was the rear trailer access door, for loading bikes etc. Quite reasonably priced compared to other used Rv doors and windows I’ve seen on Marketplace lately.
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BrianInVA » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:43 pm

BrianInVA wrote:I found an even better, cheaper option, close enough to go get them easily:
8F609570-4779-48E9-9B9D-AD0BFDA2F91E.jpeg

I brought home four of these panels for myself today.

They’re certainly very high quality and durable. And they’re not light!

His factory makes high end mobile bathroom and shower houses and these panels are the cutouts for the doors in the panels they make the bathhouses out of. (The factory just throws them away if he doesn’t sell them off.)

He also has doors made of this stuff that are factory seconds that he sells cheap. They might have applications for some foamie construction.

He’s a good guy and very interested in what we might be able to do with these panels. He would be happy to work with anyone here and see if it’s possible to ship them for you too. (I’ve never met the guy before. I just stumbled on his listing.)

His Facebook Marketplace ad is
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 887279483/

The ad currently says “out of stock” but he has a bunch of these again and just hasn’t had a chance to update his Facebook ad.
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Foamies