Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby Ratkity » Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 am

Hey GPW,

That is one schnazie looking foamie you've built there. I absolutely love the rounded corners. I can't wait until you cover and seal it.

I also love the new foamie thread home. We are foamie homies!! ROFL

Oh dear, perhaps too much caffeine this morning.. hehe.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 am

ok i don't know how to move the pics with the text. so until i hear further from the boss man, i will stop. don't want to do too much and then have to go back and do it over.

yeah i love his shape now also. when you look at the first pics of the box, and the after rounded edges, wow, what a difference. i still can imagine a cupcake theme. :lol: (of course after the baking)
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Thu May 12, 2011 9:54 am

eaglesdare wrote:ok i don't know how to move the pics with the text. so until i hear further from the boss man, i will stop. don't want to do too much and then have to go back and do it over.

yeah i love his shape now also. when you look at the first pics of the box, and the after rounded edges, wow, what a difference. i still can imagine a cupcake theme. :lol: (of course after the baking)

Wait wait.. GPW is getting baked before doing his theme? :lol: j/k

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby pat g » Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks for taking over the foamy section Eagle.

GPW another good thing about rounded edges is that they tend to blend away minor imperfections in the shape. Funny, I had almost decided on a v-nose cargo pod with a rear entry but decided that the true TD shape would have a bit more cool factor with my buddies.

BTW I love your town! We took the kids there, when they were little, for St. Patrick's Day then moved on to Galveston and places west. All they did the rest of the vacation was want to go back to New Orleans.

SYOTR
Pat G
pat g
Teardrop Master

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 10:56 am

eaglesdare wrote:ok since i can make topics sticky's i have started. so bare with me, this will take a while. it will not happen overnight.

i know how to copy and paste, but i don't know how to add who posted what, so not sure if we need that or not. but for the sticky part we really only want the info right?

try this, when you have a post you want to move/copy, quote it as if you are going to post a reply, then highlight everything, then hit "copy" it will then have the quote info, including img's and author. Then go to the new thread, hit reply, paste everything into it... if it needs more then the quoted text just add "copied" or somthing like that.

I'm not firmiliar with this forum's tools, but in "vbuletin" the mod's have "forum tools" which I could copy the whole thread, then change the title, and go thru and delete what I don't want, or even "move" just some of the posts from one thread to another.

eaglesdare wrote:what i was talking about is more like cuts into the foam, but this is good to know, as i do have a few dents also.

what is on today agenda?

tomorrow is payday, not sure what direction i will go. i can only do 1 thing at a time. so not sure i will buy more foam, or get those cinder blocks, or get the floor wood. i sure wished i did not have bills to pay. :lol: or maybe i just need to stash that little extra money away for the july's trip to indiana.

instead of cinder blocks, I see pat is using 5 gallon buckets to hold up his build. Plenty strong enough for a foamie, and lighter for you to move around. just a thought...
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Thu May 12, 2011 11:09 am

Rat, not baked , just "toasty"... :D
Pat , The rounded edges sure was an improvement over the Box look ...
I was going to take pics of the canvas and some spackle work , before I came over here here (not at home ), but the camera battery died ... grrrr!!!!!! Charging now , will be ready when I get home ...

Eagle , you're doing a Great job !!! no rush !!! just let it develop...naturally ...
8)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 am

swampjeep wrote:
eaglesdare wrote:ok since i can make topics sticky's i have started. so bare with me, this will take a while. it will not happen overnight.

i know how to copy and paste, but i don't know how to add who posted what, so not sure if we need that or not. but for the sticky part we really only want the info right?

try this, when you have a post you want to move/copy, quote it as if you are going to post a reply, then highlight everything, then hit "copy" it will then have the quote info, including img's and author. Then go to the new thread, hit reply, paste everything into it... if it needs more then the quoted text just add "copied" or somthing like that.

I'm not firmiliar with this forum's tools, but in "vbuletin" the mod's have "forum tools" which I could copy the whole thread, then change the title, and go thru and delete what I don't want, or even "move" just some of the posts from one thread to another.

eaglesdare wrote:what i was talking about is more like cuts into the foam, but this is good to know, as i do have a few dents also.

what is on today agenda?

tomorrow is payday, not sure what direction i will go. i can only do 1 thing at a time. so not sure i will buy more foam, or get those cinder blocks, or get the floor wood. i sure wished i did not have bills to pay. :lol: or maybe i just need to stash that little extra money away for the july's trip to indiana.

instead of cinder blocks, I see pat is using 5 gallon buckets to hold up his build. Plenty strong enough for a foamie, and lighter for you to move around. just a thought...

thanks that works.

oh and the cinder blocks will be good anyway, hubby wants them to build a foundation around a shed out back, so they won't go to waste.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

eaglesdare wrote:
thanks that works.

oh and the cinder blocks will be good anyway, hubby wants them to build a foundation around a shed out back, so they won't go to waste.

cool :thumbsup:

I would have hated for you to buy them only for this and never usse them again :lol:

I seen the upside-down 5 gallon buckets in pat's pics and thought HA I have lots of these... they work great for stuff like that, and can even do double duty by holdign water to wash cars and stuff :lol:
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 am

Oh, and I coppied a bunch of the kerfing info to a new thread, but I won't steel your job anymore Eagle LOL
I really wanted to see how it would work, but didn't want to only do part, so all of HAL's kerfing info is there, if you want to add more to it, of even delete it and do it different, that's fine by me.
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 11:26 am

but that does mean i will have to go buy them. now looking at buckets and being thrifty, while i don't have those 5 gallons buckets, i do have a ton of flower pots. so for now i could use them. :thumbsup:

that will save the money on buying the cinder blocks for now and perhaps that money could go towards the floor wood, or more foam for the other side.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 am

swampjeep wrote:Oh, and I coppied a bunch of the kerfing info to a new thread, but I won't steel your job anymore Eagle LOL
I really wanted to see how it would work, but didn't want to only do part, so all of HAL's kerfing info is there, if you want to add more to it, of even delete it and do it different, that's fine by me.

hey you are not raining on my parade! :lol: thanks, this thread is over 80 pages long, it will take a while to seperate and put where it all belongs.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 11:33 am

eaglesdare wrote:
swampjeep wrote:Oh, and I coppied a bunch of the kerfing info to a new thread, but I won't steel your job anymore Eagle LOL

hey you are not raining on my parade! :lol: thanks, this thread is over 80 pages long, it will take a while to seperate and put where it all belongs.

that's for sure, take your time, and thank you for volunteering to do it :thumbsup:

and thanks you Mike for this whole site, and givign the "foamie" it's own forum :applause:
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm

you changed your avatar? who is that cutie?
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 1:01 pm

eaglesdare wrote:you changed your avatar? who is that cutie?

my daughter, she turns 1yo next Wed. 8)
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

It's only possible to split a thread, and move it to a new thread. It's not possible to take a post and move it to an existing thread. That makes is very difficult to structure the section the way you want.

Although one option is to quote a message, copy it to your clipboard, create a post in the appropriate thread, and then paste it.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies