rock and a hard place, financially challenged, limited use

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: rock and a hard place, financially challenged, limited u

Postby rustytoolss » Sun May 08, 2016 11:34 am

Redneck Teepee wrote:
Tomterrific wrote:Where are you located? Do you need your camper to look slick or is rustic OK? You can buy a used HF trailer and install a floor. Look for an old fence being taken down, cedar boards are best for light weight. Use these boards installed upright to the base/floor. Cut the top profile for the roof and use inexpensive corrugated roofing. Frame out the doors and window openings and cut right from the side. Low cost, looks cool with the vintage truck.

T

Tomterrific is right, nothing wrong with a functional low budget project :thumbsup:

Dude , Love the ratrod :thumbsup: 8) :beer:
My 46 Dodge has a Chrysler 2.5 4cyl turbo charged fuel injected engine (about 225-250HP) with a 5spd manual w/overdrive. Engine was in a Caravan was sideways. But now north and south. So with that combo, I need to keep it light. Around 1000lbs. The 46 dodge weighs about 3800lbs. It has as much power as the chevy V8 that was replace by the turbo 4cylinder 8)
Mostly Old Parts And Rust= MOPAR
rustytoolss
500 Club

Postby KCStudly » Sun May 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Is that the same G54B that came in the Conquests and Starions? I think the difference between the non-Caravan factory turbo engines and the Caravan non-turbo engines is the piston squirters.

I have an '89 Conquest TSi that is a bit of a basket case at the moment, but once you get rid of the crack prone jet valve head and lighten the flywheel up they can really perform.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby rustytoolss » Sun May 08, 2016 2:55 pm

The 2.2 and 2.5 engines were in everything from FWD Dodge Omnis, Daytona's, Chrysler New Yorkers, New Yorker limos,Caravans, K cars, Carol Shelby Chargers and Daytona's.And RWD Dodge Dakota pickups also. The biggest difference in the engine include, better crankshaft, special valves/springs, forged pistons,cams. Larger exhaust system, higher PSI fuel pump system, Computer and of course the turbo. There are guys (that have BIG WALLETS) racing these engines , that are pushing over 20lbs of boost. And making over 600hp. Me ,I've had mine up to 12psi. most of the time 5-7 psi. My engine has an intercooler. So at 12psi, I'm making around 225-250HP.
In my 46 Dodge, I'm using a FWD 1991 2.5 turbo engine with a garret turbo, and a RWD 1992 Dodge Dakota 5speed manual trans. Buy using the Dakota trans. I could put the driveline , the proper way North/south. And not east/west like a FWD.
Mostly Old Parts And Rust= MOPAR
rustytoolss
500 Club

Postby KCStudly » Sun May 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Cool. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen