My Foamie Build--Updated --Jul 3 I'm eating an elephant

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: My Foamie Build--Updated --Mar 10, 2013 Cushions, Color

Postby GPW » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Pink , no matter how pale is just a Tint of RED... so there !!! :beer: Flying pumpkins, well that’s another matter entirely ... :frightened:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

:lol: :lol: pink it is
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

GPW wrote:Pink , no matter how pale is just a Tint of RED... so there !!! :beer: Flying pumpkins, well that’s another matter entirely ... :frightened:

Just so long as they aren't flying toward a foamie.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wobbly Wheels » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

wagondude wrote:Just so long as they aren't flying toward a foamie.

Unless they're intercepting a frozen turkey...

Those cushions look great, Bonnie !
Lovin' the fabric.
Wobbly Wheels
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Those cushions look well done and perky! Good job! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Love the colors of those cushions. One thing I am not an interior decorator. I stick with what I like. You will do fine with the gall surgery. I could not eat chili dogs for years, when I finally had mine out My husband watched me eat 3 of them. I was told I would have problems but no....not one problem since its gone. I can now eat what I want!!! You will feel so much better and you will recover quickly and I agree, Don't lift till the Dr says so. Hernia repair is more difficult than the gallbladder removal. But I know you will do really good and get back to work really fast. I have you on my prayer list for a while.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:54 am

Mary C wrote:Love the colors of those cushions. One thing I am not an interior decorator. I stick with what I like. You will do fine with the gall surgery. I could not eat chili dogs for years, when I finally had mine out My husband watched me eat 3 of them. I was told I would have problems but no....not one problem since its gone. I can now eat what I want!!! You will feel so much better and you will recover quickly and I agree, Don't lift till the Dr says so. Hernia repair is more difficult than the gallbladder removal. But I know you will do really good and get back to work really fast. I have you on my prayer list for a while.

Mary C. :)

I'm so looking forward to eating what I want again. Just have to watch how much so I can maintain the weight loss I've experienced. Looking forward to getting better. I'm not a very good sick person. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby mezmo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

Nice "cushy" job on those cushions !

Good luck with your surgery too ! I agree with your
idea of spending the least amount of time possible IN
the hospital too.

And do do what they recommend for recovery, especially
the not lifting things too soon - even if you "feel" you could
do so ! Think long-term progress, and don't rush things.
Spend the time mentally doing your build tasks and they
will seem easy once you can safely [for your health] get to
do them.

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: My Foamie Build--Updated --Mar 30, 2013 LEDs and such

Postby bonnie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:02 pm

So, we're expecting snow. I decided to move the bench/bed frames inside to my dining room and work to finish the cushions and experiment with the LED lights I have. I used green painters tape to outline the pop top in the raised position. The LED strips I have are 39" long. So I rigged up a 43" flat panel to mount them to and stuck them to the wall with more painters tape. (I love painters tape. :)) I then wired a short lead for the battery and viola! Lights! When I actually do the wiring, I will be a switch on each set. Pretty cool to see them work. The picture is taken with no other lighting.

I have both of the back cushions stacked together to simulate the height of BUB's interior wall. They won't be used like that. Here's a shot of the two benches setup for hanging out on a rainy day. Daisy the dog isn't sure what's going on, so she's checking things out. Underneath the bench against the wall, you can see the braces that are used to join the benches into a 56" wide x 76" long bed. A bit over full sized. I can put my full sheets on though, so everything is good.

The last pic for today is of the bed in sleep mode. In BUB there's a bit of room on each side. I am planning on using canvas web and link the cushions so they won't shift as much. I did, in the interest of being very thorough, take a nice two hour :relaxing:

Now, I need to clean up my mess and take down the LED setup. I don't believe painters tape is going to hold them forever. Just proving to myself it would work. I will be leaving the outline, 'cause I'm still trying to figure out the window. I've also decide to have an AC hatch in one of the walls. Generally speaking, which side is the guest side and which side is the utilities side in a standard camping spot?
bonnie
Donating Member

Re: My Foamie Build--Updated --Mar 23, 2013 LEDs and such

Postby wagondude » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 pm

In general, in the US, campgrounds are set up with utilities on the street side and the "yard" on the curb side. Mostly because they have to conform to manufacturing standards.
Bill

wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: My Foamie Build--Updated --Meet Mr. B

Postby bonnie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 pm

This project has an official status now: 3B -- Bonnie, BUB and Mr. B.

108392 2005 short bed. 75,000 miles. Hitch gets added this weekend. No more worries about weight. More worries about paying the gas costs. I hope to match accent stripes for BUB to match the garnet color on Mr. B. 8)

I also bought two PVC living hatches. And a hatch kit from the kit guys on the forum. Waiting for the little brown truck to show up. :delivery: With all that said, BUB is getting a bit of a makeover. :) Has anyone molded plexiglass or Lexan to a curve? I want to make windows out of the top two rows of bracing in the hatch. I fell head over heals with the wawaron. http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=47099&hilit=wawaron Image
So, think a more benroyish shape with wawa lift tops. Still working on the strengthened tongue. Thinking the minimal frame Alaska Teardrop has drawn up. Hope I got his name correct. Anyhow, I am busy getting things ready to build the sides back up. I think BUB may end up about 4.5 feet tall in the box section and just under 6.5 tall overall. We'll see. I haven't got that far yet. I'll take :pictures: , promise.
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

I am seriously crazy about your cushions Bonnie. I don't know how you figured out that those two fabrics would look so awesome together but you hit it dead on perfect!!
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 pm

That's so sweet of you to say, Becky. Thank you. I've keyed the interior color and accent off the pink/red in the fabric. It's going to be a fun little ttt when I'm done.
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I sure hope I get to see it. Will you be at the CRA???
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby wagondude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Bonnie, search for plastic supply shops in your area. They do things like custom aquariums and bullet proof glass construction and installation. They would be able to form any plastic up for you or give you tips on how to do it. They might also be able to suggest what type (ABS/polycarbonate etc.) might be best for you application.
Bill

wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies