testing a concept...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

testing a concept...

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 3:43 pm

GPW wrote:Wolf , I think that's Good glue Pat used !!! just it' so THICK ... :o Lots of high grab foam specific glues that come in a cartridge ... :thumbsup:

Seems we really need several types of glue for "special purposes"... Oops !!! I did it again ... :oops:
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 pm

aggie79 wrote::applause: :thumbsup: :applause: Very nice job on your teardrop Eagle!

(BTW, what is your real first name?) Thank you for documenting your unique and innovative build.

Even though the weather didn't fully cooperate, I know y'all must have had a wonderful time on your first outing.

Enjoy your teardrop and take care,
Tom
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 pm

eaglesdare wrote:
thanks so much! real first name is Louella. pics to come on the first outing. :cry:
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm

So Mike , what are we testing ???? seems every day brings a new concept to try out on a Foamie'. ... :o
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 3:51 pm

So the question here is, do we leave the foamie thread at 90 pages long, or do we break it up. If we break it up, it would look like the three posts above!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby HandyAtLeast » Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Not sure if it would be worth trying to do it like that. Might be better to summarize findings, points, materials, etc. in a sticky. I could see one for foam types and sources, glues and bonding fabrics, and mechanical joins (like your screw concept).
I make stuff, and it's all designed on Post-Its... the small ones.
HandyAtLeast
Teardrop Builder

Postby GPW » Thu May 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Too much work to attack the Big one ... thinking the individual topics will develop on their own ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I would leave the big one as is, but maybe lock it, so people can scan thru it if they wish, but then move the good info it contains to seperate threads based on subject, like Eagle did for glue, and I did for Kerfs, maybe even put in those thread that the quoted text was from xxx with a link to the big thread.
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 12, 2011 5:22 pm

hmm my thinking was to put everything in a place, and then add the threads that partained to that item, including some discussion. that way, when someone wants to question what kind of glue and why we use t2 then all they had to do was read. all discussions would be there.

i would also like to add, i would not want the major big thread to get locked. that is a great place to well for a lack of better words, just b.s. there.

i don't have to go thru all 90 plus pages, but i could take some of the major thoughts on an item and put it into a thread.

i don't mind doing it, i just need time to do it.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 12, 2011 5:53 pm

:thumbsup: You can copy the posts by going to edit but if the "thread" gets too big you will not be able to split it or move it. I tried to split stuff out of one of the super threads and it just wouldn't work. Now's the time. If you split things out then the original thread will have gaps!

:thinking: You could also lock it and have a bs thread started. Call it foaming! 8) :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Is that like foaming at the mouth? :duh:

:lol: Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

mikeschn wrote:Is that like foaming at the mouth? :duh:

:lol: Mike...

:angel: Actually I was thinking of bubbles of wisdom but foaming is good too :rofl:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Miriam C. wrote::thumbsup: You can copy the posts by going to edit but if the "thread" gets too big you will not be able to split it or move it. I tried to split stuff out of one of the super threads and it just wouldn't work. Now's the time. If you split things out then the original thread will have gaps!

:thinking: You could also lock it and have a bs thread started. Call it foaming! 8) :lol:

as a mod can she copy the posts, instead of spliting them out?
if not can she copy the whole thread?
then split them out of the copied thread
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby swampjeep » Thu May 12, 2011 8:26 pm

eaglesdare wrote:
i would also like to add, i would not want the major big thread to get locked. that is a great place to well for a lack of better words, just b.s. there.

that is true, and a lot of good ideas have come from just BS'ing in that thread
swampjeep
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 pm

"Two heads are better than one" ... Having all this input from many participants makes for quick progress, and better quality of construction .... for not too many bucks .. 8) Like a Think Tank !!! :thinking: Thanks to ALL!!! :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Foamies