FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am

Thanks everybody !!! It’s GOOD to be back .. !!! :D We actually did OK comparably speaking , some people were wiped out west of us … we pray for them … :worship:

Remarkably the FoamStream survived without a scratch … :o :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:03 pm

GPW wrote:Remarkably the FoamStream survived without a scratch … :o :thumbsup:

In light of the near decade track record of Foamstream, I might suggest that it's surviving without a scratch is perhaps the most UNremarkable part of this most recent storm. That thing is a TANK!

I am pleased to hear that you and yours are doing well and plugging along.

:thumbsup: :applause: :beer:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby GPW » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:10 am

Thanks Rob !!! This Fall it’s due for a good washing (outside ) and maybe even a re-paint !!! :D

At one point during the ten days of no electricity ( Ida) the wife was complaining about the Heat … I was just getting ready to put her in the FoamStream and run the little AC off the generator , and Freeze her out . Luckily just about that time , the electricity came back on … TG !!! :applause: All that insulation ( 3.5” ) it’s like a huge Beer cooler … :lol:

Note: Something to be said for the rounded top , a lot of trailers here got blown right over, the FS just sat there , the wind blowing right over the top … It’s survived many storms like this over the years … Could be just Luck !!! :NC
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Don L. » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Quote from GPW- "Note: Something to be said for the rounded top , a lot of trailers here got blown right over, the FS just sat there , the wind blowing right over the top … It’s survived many storms like this over the years … Could be just Luck !!! :NC"

I bet the rounded top kept it from blowing over and, well, of course, :beer: if it was half loaded with beer :beer:
Link to my foamie camper build viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67321
instagram #don_leister_violin.rva
Don L.
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 am

Don, actually it was empty !!! :o All my gear is stored in the house …
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:45 am

Yesterday while pressure washing the house , I couldn’t help but do a little washing of the FoamStream , which had become quite dirty during the recent storms … I did discover a little rotted canvas on the nose ( some type of moisture/fungus got underneath ) So we’ll make a little patch for that , Otherwise it cleaned up pretty well … :D :thumbsup: I told my helper we’d likely be doing a complete re=paint in the Spring .. Otherwise everything is still good !! 8)

My helper mentioned his sister was gifting him an old pop up camper …. I told him bring it over and we’d go through it and make it right… Another project … :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:26 am

While it’s still Too COLD to do any serious trailer work, We decided to go over the trailer , making a list of things that need to be done. So aside from needing a good washing , living outside uncovered, we need to make two small patches , remove the plethora of spiders, frogs , wasps , lizards from underneath, and generally pay some attention to the drip edges which have saved my new board floor admirably .
And more importantly , it’s been about 5 years now so we changed the tires. These tires haven’t rolled a hundred feet , but have dutifully sat out in Sun and RAIN , hurricanes , etc. Just for safety sake , we’ll take the old ones and put on our basic utility trailer , which we robbed the wheels to replace the completely rotted all steel Cargo trailer tires ( now being just used for storage) .
The inside is amazingly untouched, and doesn’t even “smell” .. :o A good hoovering and we’re ready to go … :thumbsup:

Still , it’s too COLD and nasty for trailer work, but at least we can plan ahead, do some pragmatic shopping , and be ready to go in better weather…

And still I have that gifted long window to install 8) … and maybe this year we’ll even put a fan in it ? :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:34 am

And right now , we’ve spent the last two years restoring ( Rustoring) a 1969 SAAB 96 V4 automobile ( in our Art Studio ) , so it looks like we’re going to need a much smaller trailer … Schmaybe’ a Mini FoamStream … :thinking: 60 horsepower… Not much for towing eh ? :NC
Attachments
SAAB  96.png
SAAB 96.png (100.02 KiB) Viewed 651 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 am

:thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:43 am

Well, the weather is finally warming up enough to be able to go out and wash the FS . It sure needs it !!! :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:19 pm

GPW wrote:Well, the weather is finally warming up enough to be able to go out and wash the FS . It sure needs it !!! :o

Guess what season is around the corner? Hopefully none will head your way, GP.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:10 am

Tom, I'm feeling good about that , despite all the previous storms , the trailer has had no problems sitting outside ... I was worried about it blowing over in Hurricane winds , being so light and large. No problems. I think it's the rounded roof that allows the wind to go right over it ... ( fingers crossed ).
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:35 am

Well I must admit I've been procrastinating on the repair of the FS. Busy with so many things at home , mainly helping the wife recover from her hospital visit , and her return to normal . But thankfully now she's back and it's time to get this trailer ready for hurricane season which is once again just one month away ... :o It'll only take a couple days to wash , patch and re-paint the trailer, but I need to get it done soon ...
Not that much to do , I just need to get off my ... :roll:

Retirement has never been so busy !!! :duh:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon May 23, 2022 5:23 am

Bad news !!! The wife announced that she will No longer be evacuating during a Hurricane , because of her bad back . So now I have a useless EVAC trailer sitting in my driveway ... :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Tue May 24, 2022 6:44 am

Why useless?

You can still evacuate
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies