Cold spots?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Cold spots?

Postby dsm811 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:45 pm

If a wood floor is attached directly to the trailer and the floor is insulated between the trailers metal rails (underneath), will you get cold spots :snowstorm: on the wood floor over the metal rails?
dsm811
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Cold spots?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm

dsm811 wrote:If a wood floor is attached directly to the trailer and the floor is insulated between the trailers metal rails (underneath), will you get cold spots :snowstorm: on the wood floor over the metal rails?

I don't follow foamies but this would apply to any build. Your plywood floor will not transfer the cold through the plywood since it has an R value,
besides if you use a foam mattress not an air mattress it will insulate for you. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 am

Be sure to use foam for the mattress that will not completely compress and let you sleep on the wood floor. For several reasons. I replaced my original crap foam this summer with some much stiffer stuff from the Foam Factory.

Good stuff

I used the 5 inch stuff of that. I can stand on it with one foot and my 280 lbs will not compress it to the floor. I went a little over board on it. but it is much much better than sinking to the floor and trying to squirm about in a 5 inch deep foam lined hole. I think if I was to do it over I would go about 2 inch of this, then 2 inch of the next softer stuff.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to Foamies