Liquid Nails

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Liquid Nails

Postby Larry C » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:13 pm

I just visited my favorite dollar store today. It's not like most dollar stores. This one buys stuff from companies going out of business or getting rid of stuff they can't sell anymore, like high VOC Alkyd paints from brand name companies. I don't really know where it all come from, but I get all my paint rollers, 3M and Norton sand paper and sanding discs there. I can't visit without spending at least $15 every time I go. It's like a cheap date....

Anyway... I came across some Liquid Nails LNP-603 construction adhesive in quarts for of course $1 (it is a dollar store). I brought it home and opened it. It looks fine. My question: Has anyone tried this exact product for gluing foam to wood? I will test it before using for sure, but just wondered if anyone has any experience. The web site states it's ok for Polystyrene foam. I even picked up an all steel notched trowel to use with it ($1).

Heres the link:
http://www.duspec.com/DuSpec2/product/ProductDocumentSearchController.htm?documentFormat=pdf&systemSetId=70&productCode=LN-603&documentType=datasheet

Larry C
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Postby GPW » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 am

Larry , test it on scrap .... that’s the only way ... I hope it works !!! :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby linuxmanxxx » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm

As someone who did a lot of testing of adhesives from the standard glue suppies out there, I wouldn't expect a lot of strength from any of the standard construction adhesives with the foam as the only one I found was the loctite pl premium to be the only one that worked well but is hugely messy and hard to clean up afterwards.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Return to Foamies