New Foamie

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

New Foamie

Postby LWW » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 am

Hey Louella. Hows that new trailer coming?Larryw
LWW
Teardrop Master

Re: New Foamie

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 am

hey larry. haven't worked on it at all. still exactly where you all left it. :lol: this one will take some time. since i have the first foamie and its camping season, i must camp! :wine:
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 pm

I see. I'm headed back to Seaford, DE next week for a week of working on a boat.Larry
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

well you know if you need a place to stop for the night, you are more than welcome.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks. I'll be coming in from the North this time, seems it's about 50 miles shorter that way. Going to give an older fellow a week or so of work on his boat, big old 50' wooden trawler. I know you don't like wood so I won't mention it again. Might ride over to Hurlock and look up Bill K just for the fun of it.Larry
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:44 am

Eagle, it appears the new trailer is Much BIGGER than the Mouse trailer... We need more pictures to contemplate !!! :pictures: Very Interesting ... 8)
..some critical measurements would be Nice too ... hint hint !! :thinking:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

yes glen, it is way bigger than the mousey one. :lol: right now its approx 6wide, 9long. that is the shell. the trailer is 10long. so i have 1 foot for storage. since the shell is not on trailer yet, i am still debating on where that storage will go, front or back and right now i am leaning towards the back. not sure about the height, i know once i get the new floor put in, i will beable to stand. hubby maybe not, but i will. :D

plans this summer are dwindling fast, so i only have 1 trip planned for jun. i ordered a pool, and the man is going to call sometime today about leveling, and adding the sand. so i am thinking i just might work on my yard, garden and campers this summer. just be real lazy and work around here.

the new shell is still under the tarp. i am also going to work on getting a section of this back yard for my stuff (hubby has his seciton, so i think its only fair). i will cover my section and then put the new shell under that. once that is done i can work on it as my time and money allows. then i can post pics of whats going on.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:15 am

There’s that space back by the trees ... :thinking: Hubby’s area (red roof?) seems pretty crowded .... much as mine is ... :R :lol: Lazy summer sounds good to me !!! :thumbsup: 8)
...from the previous pics , it looked Enormous inside , like a Tardis ... :o It’s going to be Super for camping ... 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

i told hubby about my plans while he was home for lunch. he said "but i did not say you could order the pool" :lol: silly man, i mentioned it to him last night and well..that meant i WAS ordering it. :lol: anyway, he is ok with it all, including my own space. i do love my old man. :thumbsup: :wine: he did mention he has a roof from an old shed out back, he is starting to think of how he can use that for my space.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Like they say ... “ two sheds are better than one “ :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:30 pm

LWW wrote:I'm headed back to Seaford, DE...

Ah, Seaford. That's just a pumpkin's throw away from the chunk site, right where we stay when we're there!

The Texas Roadhouse isn't bad at all, just be careful not to slip on the peanut shells (they're everywhere) and make sure when you order your steak to get the potato "smuthered". Mmm, bacon.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby LWW » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Funny. When I got home from the last trip I just happen to catch a movie on the TV called "Mayor Cupcake". It was about the little town of Bridgeville DE. Just so happened I stopped in and had dinner at a pool hall and thought how about that for timing of a movie. Larry
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby eaglesdare » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

:lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 am

How are the crabs running up there ? Since my old friend and Sea advisor @Seaside NJ passed away , I no longer get the “fish" report from up that way ... used to enjoy Eating the native fish ,dishes that we couldn’t get here... but seems the environment has affected the menu as of late ... :o I see you can no longer get tilefish , which was a favorite ... :roll:

Eagle , The wife is coming up that way next month , wish I could go , but too many responsibilities here to leave as of yet ... Should would be Fun to do a “build" weekend ... Bet we could get a Lot done on that new Foamie ... :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

hey hey hey, get those responsibilties out of the way, make arrangements for someone else to handle them for that time frame!!!!!!!. get your butt up this way with your wife and come visit. and of course i would put you to work on that new foamie for sure. even feed you well also.

i think the crab season starts jun 1st? we aren't real "catch your own" type of people. but we do our own crabbing sometimes. we just go to the locals who do and buy from them. i am more of a shell fish person though, so i don't know much about the fish. plenty of good seafood joints here. i do know we have some of the best crabs and oysters. now you are making me hungry. :lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Next

Return to Foamies