Searching for an image of wall to floor attachment

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Searching for an image of wall to floor attachment

Postby tomhawk » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:06 am

When the inside wood frame rail is embedded in the foam as depicted in my April 6 post above, the fabric can be smoothly attached to the rail/foam junction. The result is more esthetically appealing to me anyway (see photo).

I suppose the continuity of the glued fabric traversing from the foam to the wood also adds to the overall strength of the attachment to the floor.

Tom
Evolution is driven by mistakes, not plans.

My build: https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75248
tomhawk
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ghcoe » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:29 am

tomhawk wrote:When the inside wood frame rail is embedded in the foam as depicted in my April 6 post above, the fabric can be smoothly attached to the rail/foam junction. The result is more esthetically appealing to me anyway (see photo).

I suppose the continuity of the glued fabric traversing from the foam to the wood also adds to the overall strength of the attachment to the floor.

Tom

It can be done that way too. I now canvas the interior walls before assembly to save time and frustration. I cut the canvas back so that the inner frame rail can be glued directly to the foam as depicted in the diagram. To me the inner frame rail is nothing more than kick board like in a house esthetically. I also find it useful to keep items riding in the trailer from rubbing up against the canvased walls.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BrianInVA » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:39 pm

I’m going to be using 1.5”x1.5” pine for the inner frame rail. I had planned to apply pmf to the inside walls down to the floor and leave 1.5” extra material, glue and install the walls, and glue that extra canvas to the floor, then glue the inner frame rail to the wall and floor, and screw it to the floor. Kinda like this portion of a previous illustration but without the extra thin sheeting between the wall and the inner frame rail:
F26E7588-59A1-41CA-85C6-CBF7B7509FDB.jpeg
F26E7588-59A1-41CA-85C6-CBF7B7509FDB.jpeg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 138 times
BrianInVA
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Foamies