Goodbye dear friends !!!

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Goodbye dear friends !!!

Postby ghcoe » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:42 pm

Kind of like being punched in the gut! :( Seems like the old foamie team is falling apart. Even I am not hear all that much anymore, although I am still building foamies.

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties. You were a great inspiration on all my builds.

I wish you and yours the best of luck and do stop by from time to time. :thumbsup:
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dbhosttexas » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:12 pm

Just saw your post. So sorry to hear your wife is struggling. I am not going to pry, but just ask yes or no, is this something you can make adjustments for or is this a total step on the brakes kind of thing? You know my situation which is quite different, but it IS a matter of make it happen FASTER because of what happened. The camper is coming along, the engine replacement kind of slow though. 1.5 month turnaround on the build...
dbhosttexas
The 300 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:20 am

Well , things change ... like when we got Mega Spammed, and I heard the "call to duty" , especially after finding out we only had a few Mods left to clean up . :shock: That and the wife is getting much better now ... :thumbsup:
So Yes , I'll be checking in daily . And I'll try to continue helping the advancement of Foamies as much as possible ...

I'm also surprised by the fact that Foamie trailers last so long ... :o Once you build a Foamie trailer it'll be around for a long time , unlike those heavy wooden trailers that always leak and rot ... My trailer has sat outside for almost a decade now , enduring rain , heat , hurricanes , and our legendary trailer killing Humidity . Only minor maintenance required .. Maybe why we don't see much activity as we used to ... Everybody that built one still has it ... :thumbsup:
I recall in the beginning when we had people that adamantly believed they would blow apart at speed on the highway leaving bits of foam all over the road ... Never happened eh !!! Now it's accepted, thanks to all the hard work, and experimentation of our members :thumbsup: ... Thanks to all of you for your confidence, and trust. So I'll be sticking around as long as possible, providing as much help as I can ...
Thanks again !!!!
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:22 am

I’m so glad to hear that she’s doing better and that We’ll not lose your wise council.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Foamies