Minden event ... Did you go?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Minden event did you go

yes
36%
yes but I will never go again (explain)
2%
no (explain if you want)
62%

Total votes : 47

Minden event ... Did you go?

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:47 am

I have no money, no tear, to far, could have hitched a ride, I wanted to go, pondered it a little, maybe next year.

and you?
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 am

...even without a finished tear I would have loved to have gone however we were in the middle of(evil?) step-daughters wedding
Oh well, there will be other time and places(sowatchit) :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 am

I have no money, :cry: tear in progress, :thumbsup:, could not get away right now, :cry: :cry: I wanted to go, :x hopefully next International gathering in 2007. :D :D

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:10 pm

At this point in my life working, I would have loved to go. Some considerations of not going this year:

1) Use too much vaction time to go, due to travel distances from South Florida
2)Don't have anymore vacation time, due other teardrop events already planned to attend
3)The 36 plus hour drive to get there at all at once to get there, or split with several days travel (hence the vacation time problem)

Maybe when I retire and have more time, it will happen. Just not for several years I am sad to say. Looks and sounds like a great time. And putting faces to the names online, plus seeing all of the teardrops in one place must have been awesome sight to behold. All the ideas and builds would make anybodies day I am sure. I sure would have like to have seen some, Like Gages and Rolys, to name a few. Sorry the list is endless
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby An Ol Timer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:10 pm

No desire to go. Attended the EAA fly-in at Oshkosh several years, as well as many GoldWing Rallies, including Wings Over The Smokies, and our own NYS Americacade, at Lake George. These along with several VW bus rallies, and after awhile one becomes disallusioned with the rhetoric. Loved seeing the pics though!
An Ol Timer
Teardrop Master

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:23 pm

I took time off work in early June to pick up my tear. I couldn't take more time off in June. It's the end of the fiscal year. :cry: I want to go next year. I see all dem purty pictures of dem purty drops & I just gotta go to the 2nd ITG! :thumbsup: Now, how can I convince the boss to let me go? :twisted:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby SteveH » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:59 pm

I would have gone but already had something else planned for that week. And, that's what SHE wanted to do! :oops:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby DestinDave » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:46 pm

I had no money, no teardrop, no time, and not much of a car to get there in. But, to hell with all that - I went anyway! And I'm glad I did!
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby JunkMan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:07 pm

DestinDave wrote:I had no money, no teardrop, no time, and not much of a car to get there in. But, to hell with all that - I went anyway! And I'm glad I did!

Ditto for us, although our car wasn't too bad until we hit that raccoon north of Minden :cry:
Last edited by JunkMan on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:39 pm

No tear, no vacation time. Also had other obligations that weekend.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:55 pm

No TD, no time required to make it a good trip, and a seriuos shortage of funds right now. But I would like to have gone to look around for more ideas. Of course I already have too many to fit into one trailer.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Dennis T » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:38 am

Went to another event in the Pocono's :thumbsup: with the Liberty Bell TearJerkers. Had a great time there. Minden had time restrictions for vacation for wife. We are going to other events with the TearJerkers this year so the time is alloted there. Maybe in 2007? :thinking:

Dennis & Darla
:beer: :wine:
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby billnut » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:17 am

:cry: Didn't have a TD Didn't know about the GREAT folks here Didn't know about the event! BUT i'm retired a newbe, a PT and a NEW Fat Shadow,HU-4 Aug.14
:twisted: :twisted:
Bill and my Palm
. Missy
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:09 am

I didn't go. Had a tear, had money. And really wanted to go, but because it was a weekend event and not a weekday event, it made it very, very difficult for people traveling long distances to make this event. I'm in the RV business, have been for a long time and almost all big rallys are Mid week. By Friday there gone. Since, according to many polls taken both on this site and others the average age of a Teardrop owner is 47 years old. And most 47 year olds still work. This trip could have been made by anyone in the country in 1 week I.E. leave on a Saturday get there Tues. for a 3 day event then leave Friday and return home Sunday. Thus only taking 1 weeks vacation or 1 week off. And not 2 weeks because its on the weekend. Job/Vacation concerns are confirmed by some of the responces in this thread. If I took my 2 weeks vacation to go to a weekend event in Nebraska I better own a Teardrop because that's where I'd be living when I got home. I know of 5 people in my Chapter alone who did not go because of this. I heard it said that if it were mid-week a lot of locals may not attend. Local is the key word here I would gladly trade places with any local. Take 2-3 days off from work, drive a few hundred miles. VS. Take 2 weeks off and For me drive 3600 miles. I realize you can't please everybody. But "ANYONE WITH A JOB" is a big group to Not consider.

Happy Trails

Len
Last edited by len19070 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:51 am

I had planned on going but at the last minute had to cancel. Maybe next time.
catrinka
500 Club

Next

Return to User Polls