Lightweight Reverse Squaredrop standy foamie

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

Lightweight Reverse Squaredrop standy foamie

Postby ai4kk » Thu May 18, 2023 9:28 pm

This started as an effort for a teardrop with a king--sized bed so that three of us could share it without having to climb over each other. The door was moved to the foot of the bed and a small passage between the bed and kitchen box added. I really liked the idea that you could access the kitchen from either inside or outside. I never got around to building it and no longer need something that big.
I recently started building a small camper to pull with my Prius and after living in my van on several travelnursing assignments realized I really missed being able to stand up. I dusted off the old king-sized camper design and resized it for a full-sized mattress and a small boat trailer I had, keeping the rear door and internally-accessible kitchen layout.
The plan is to build a minimal wood frame of 1x1 screwed and glued, covered with thin plywood, 1" foam, and PMF. The bed is a trifold mattress with a frame that slides together to turn into a couch giving you more floor space or for sitting and watching TV etc
Full_camper.gif
Full_camper.gif (17.23 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Attachments
Full_camper.skp
(4.3 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Gene
ai4kk
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Lightweight Reverse Squaredrop standy foamie

Postby USMCDon » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:55 am

Your comment that you really miss being able to stand up is my regret on buying a OkSchooner, also. I'm too stiff to crawl around inside on my knees. It sleeps nice, air conditioned and heat, plus vent curtains and storage.
My advise to anyone considering campers is get in, walk around or, stand, sit and get comfortable, BEFORE YOU BUY!
Got any pictures?
USMCDon
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Sketch up designs