Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Finishes, paints and coatings

Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby Onajourney » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:27 am

I have been searching for weeks and weeks for painted aluminum sheets. I had just about given up and was going to settle for black sides and white top. I got a few local quotes. all around $1500. Ridiculous and no 5x10 for the roof and I was dreading the seams. Well, I went back to all the posts in this subject this morning and found this place https://harborsales.net/Home.aspx. It was in a very old post the link worked and what a find. I got the sheets I wanted 4x10 Green and 5x10 white all for $650 with shipping to my office. What a relief and big $ saver.

https://harborsales.net/Home.aspx
Onajourney
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 16
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:16 am

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby boulderv7 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:45 pm

I'm wondering, how did those sheets come shipped to you? And do you have to have a business account to order from them?
boulderv7
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 15
Images: 1
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 12:50 am

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby Onajourney » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 am

boulderv7 wrote:I'm wondering, how did those sheets come shipped to you? And do you have to have a business account to order from them?


I just created an account and used my work address being they won't ship to a residence. They arrive yesterday via freight truck and I unloaded with a forklift. They came on a 5x10' heavy 280lb pallet. Very exciting actually and a true bargain.
Onajourney
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 16
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:16 am
Top

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby Capebuild » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:47 pm

The place you linked to looks great, in the Baltimore area. They seem to have 5x10' mill finish aluminum sheet. They also have composite panels which I may use for some trim work. Congrats on this find of a distributor.

I actually just returned today from a trip to the Boston area and picked up 6 sheets of 4x10' clear anodized aluminum sheet. Kind of a hairy ride home using the 4x6' utility trailer I have to carry the load but we made it. Also picked up a sheet of .238 polycarbonate for the windows. The place was great having all kinds of materials. They too have composite panels (Acupanel which is like .012 aluminum on both side sandwiching a sheet of polyethylene).

Good luck with your new materials.......

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
User avatar
Capebuild
Donating Member
 
Posts: 315
Images: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 am
Location: Massachusetts
Top

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby Onajourney » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Capebuild wrote:The place you linked to looks great, in the Baltimore area. They seem to have 5x10' mill finish aluminum sheet. They also have composite panels which I may use for some trim work. Congrats on this find of a distributor.

I actually just returned today from a trip to the Boston area and picked up 6 sheets of 4x10' clear anodized aluminum sheet. Kind of a hairy ride home using the 4x6' utility trailer I have to carry the load but we made it. Also picked up a sheet of .238 polycarbonate for the windows. The place was great having all kinds of materials. They too have composite panels (Acupanel which is like .012 aluminum on both side sandwiching a sheet of polyethylene).

Good luck with your new materials.......

John


I am very much looking forward to seeing you making your front window as I too am going to make one. Not as big as yours. I just bought my poly-carbonate from a supplier on Amazon 48x24x3/8 $70 which is not bad. The 1/4" stuff is a lot higher. BTW, I continue to be very impressed with your skills and build. Keep it up!
Onajourney
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 16
Images: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:16 am
Top

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby boulderv7 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Onajourney wrote:
boulderv7 wrote:I'm wondering, how did those sheets come shipped to you? And do you have to have a business account to order from them?


I just created an account and used my work address being they won't ship to a residence. They arrive yesterday via freight truck and I unloaded with a forklift. They came on a 5x10' heavy 280lb pallet. Very exciting actually and a true bargain.
For future reference, if anyone reading this is thinking of ordering from them, I was able to get my aluminum shipped to a residential address. The trucking company pulled up to my house in a full size semi and I unloaded from the truck. The driver took the skid and packaging away. Had a bit of an issue placing and getting the order filled (their website was having issues), but 2 phone calls solved that and it took about 7 days to get to my door. Pretty smooth transaction overall. I was pleased.



Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
boulderv7
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 15
Images: 1
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 12:50 am
Top

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby RJ Howell » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:59 am

Capebuild wrote:The place you linked to looks great, in the Baltimore area. They seem to have 5x10' mill finish aluminum sheet. They also have composite panels which I may use for some trim work. Congrats on this find of a distributor.

I actually just returned today from a trip to the Boston area and picked up 6 sheets of 4x10' clear anodized aluminum sheet. Kind of a hairy ride home using the 4x6' utility trailer I have to carry the load but we made it. Also picked up a sheet of .238 polycarbonate for the windows. The place was great having all kinds of materials. They too have composite panels (Acupanel which is like .012 aluminum on both side sandwiching a sheet of polyethylene).

Good luck with your new materials.......

John


I'm up in NH. Who in Boston is the supplier?
RJ Howell
500 Club
 
Posts: 844
Images: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 am
Top

Re: Finally! My search for painter aluminum sheets is OVER

Postby Capebuild » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:27 am

RJ Howell wrote:I'm up in NH. Who in Boston is the supplier?


Sorry for the late response, RJ.... just saw your post now.

There are 2 suppliers in the Boston area I had found for aluminum sheet, although neither had clear anodized in 5x10' sheets.
Both did have 5x10 in white (but I didn't really want white).

Riverside was in Medford, MA. Probably closer to you but further for me to drive from where I am. But the fellow who was helping me was very responsive and they had, what seemed like, decent pricing. They also did not have the polycarbonate sheet whereas the other supplier did.

Riverside Sheet Metal & Contracting Inc.
15 Reardon Road
Medford, MA - 02155
Phone: (781) 396-0070

So the other supplier who I did wind up purchasing from was:
Andy Thompson
J.Freeman,Inc.
65 Tenean Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
617-282-1150

Hope that helps.
John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
User avatar
Capebuild
Donating Member
 
Posts: 315
Images: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 am
Location: Massachusetts
Top


Return to Skinning secrets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest