Uses for "RevolutionPly"?

Finishes, paints and coatings

Re: Uses for "RevolutionPly"?

Postby Tomterrific » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:19 pm

I hesitated to bend my Rply roof. The Rply was too stiff. I let a sheet pre bend over the camper top with straps and boards and in 24 hours I had a sheet of Rply with close to a perfect bend for my roof. This made the roof easy to position and glue.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby Dan P » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:05 am

I am knee deep in my build and have committed to using an inside/outside skin that is 5mm thick. I bought some 5mm RPLY and I'm getting close to skinning my TD soon. Seems like there is a lot of opinions on this stuff and need to know how this stuff has held up over the years and if there are any tricks on getting it to bend. My plan is to use PMF on the outside as well. I'm hoping to get some feedback from some folks that have had success using it, or failures would be helpful too if I need to cut my losses. I can take the sheets back to the store, but I'm still stuck trying to find a 5mm product. Perhaps there are some tricks to that I dont know about if I change my ceiling thickness. I currently have the walls up and the inside/outside wall is spaced 5mm for inside skin + 2x2 spar. This is my first build and my brain is running a mile a minute on this project. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Dan
Dan P
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Pmullen503 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:42 am

Do not use this stuff!

I used just bits here and there in my foamie and it delaminated after a few years. This was on vertical surfaces covered with PMF. This was not soaking in water just subject to temperature and moisture changes throughout the year.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dan P » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:10 am

Pmullen503 wrote:Do not use this stuff!

I used just bits here and there in my foamie and it delaminated after a few years. This was on vertical surfaces covered with PMF. This was not soaking in water just subject to temperature and moisture changes throughout the year.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I will look for alternatives
Dan
Dan P
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Skinning secrets