Should we trade our Taco for a Tundra?

All about towing and tow vehicles

Re: Should we trade our Taco for a Tundra?

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:02 am

Tom&Shelly wrote:Have I mentioned lately how disappointed we are with Carmax? We finally gave up on them ordering the correct running boards to replace the ones that mysteriously disappeared from our new Tundra between them posting the pictures and our test drive. We ordered our own and got them to reimburse us. We also installed it ourselves.

172027 172026

Today we took the truck back (pre-arranged appointment from several weeks ago) to have them fix the rear bumper and the back seat latch. They had ordered the wrong bumper, and the tech couldn't seem to get the seat to work, so he has to order a new seat bottom, and install that. So that was a mostly wasted trip (1 hour each way, twice.) And, Shelly reminds me, they didn't call us, we finally called them to ask about the status. At least the head mechanic filled our tank for us. Topped off our 46 gallon tank, so that's something.

Now about the business office: A few weeks ago they almost let our registration slip. A day before the temp tag expired, we went in (to not get the running boards installed) and asked them where the paperwork, that they were supposed to have mailed, was. The gal found it and seemed so proud to have brought it up to us. I asked if they'd planned to mail it, or what? "Well, eventually we would have," she said. Couldn't seem to understand why we were upset with that.

So today, when we brought the receipt for the running boards in to be reimbursed, the folks asked if they could mail us the check. "No, Shelly said, we'll wait for it." I added that we would wait right there at the window so they wouldn't be distracted by other customers. So we shortly had our reimbursement in cash, since their check printer evidently wasn't working. Not really satisfying for 4 hours of driving!

Tom
Somebody stole your running boards? Where’d that happen?
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:13 pm

tony.latham wrote:Somebody stole your running boards? Where’d that happen?

At Carmax. They posted pictures of the truck with running boards. When we test drove it, the boards were gone. Shelly noticed, showed the manager the pictures and he agreed to re-install the running boards. That was a condition of our buying it. We didn't think it would be such a big deal.

Evidently, a mechanic at Carmax took them off either to put them on another Carmax truck, or one of the mechanic's own, or a friends, or he sold them. Likely illicit doings somewhere.

The fact that Carmax couldn't order the correct running boards is our beef with them. So far they screwed up ordering the correct running boards and the correct bumper (that also needs replacing). I'll give the mechanic the benefit of the doubt on the rear seat latch. He thought he had the right parts, but it turned out (we're told) they didn't solve the problem, so he needs to order a whole new seat bottom.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:33 pm

At Carmax. They posted pictures of...

Sheeeeesh.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Towing and Tow Vehicles