Subaru Solterra EV

All about towing and tow vehicles

Re: Subaru Solterra EV

Postby friz » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 pm

TimC wrote:I'm in the process of searching for some low profile, maybe folding, teardrop examples that I can adapt with foam construction. I've read that Hyundai will rate the 2023 at 2800lbs. Seems kind of high unless you have electric brakes. I'll shoot for under 800lbs.

I don't have to worry about voiding a warranty since I don't have a Mfr warranty. Long story. Let's just say the car I bought, though new with 130 mile when I purchased it, is a "Salvage - Rebuilt" brand on the title (Wisconsin DMV designation). I snapped it up because I got it for 40% below sticker and that doesn't count a $7500 EV credit on my income taxes which will bring it to 57% off sticker. I'd never buy one of these things at sticker in my lifetime but when I saw this one I did my due diligence and jumped on it. The dealer, a rebuilder, had it for sale for a month with no takers. So far I am happy with it. 250 mile range at highway speeds. Overnight charging with a 16amp Level 2 charge cord. Over 300 mile range around town taking it easy. My due diligence included an aftermarket warranty I'll keep paying for for about six months and my insurance company was OK with full coverage on it.

Besides, in "Sport Mode" it is a blast to drive!
Nice score! I would love to have a super cheap EV to play with.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Previous

Return to Towing and Tow Vehicles