What is this??

All about towing and tow vehicles

What is this??

Postby MickinOz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:39 pm

I occasionally click on the pictures in the top left corner.
This morning there was Jim's teardrop.
I've always liked that deep yellow colour so I had to have a look.
Never mind the teardrop, what the heck is that gorgeous ute he's towing it with?
On his website he says its a Silverado? I've never seen a Silverado like that one before.
Yellow ute.JPG
Yellow ute.JPG (61.93 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

Yellow ute 2.JPG
Yellow ute 2.JPG (48.98 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Re: What is this??

Postby QueticoBill » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:51 pm

2003 to 2006 SSR (Super Sport Roadster) pick up. it is cool.

Here's on for you: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1GCES14P ... tner=UEA_9
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby MickinOz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Thanks mate.
Damn if that thing was any cooler it'd be an icebox.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby gudmund » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:40 pm

it was Chevrolet's re-tro/re-do of their 48-54 Chev PU - they only built a few of them. They were popular for awhile than kind of faded away. They had a folding metal hardtop/convertible top that would slide down and store behind the seat along with one of their Corvette type motors for power of that era. As a PU truck, they weren't very practical, but they could be fun ............. and for towing a tear? Why not, being they have the 'era' look of one!!!!!! :thumbsup: they are out there for sale - here and there - could be something to look into for bringing home to your neck of the woods :thinking: :twisted: :thinking: take care .........
PS Elvis always used to say = you have to be 'different' to get anywhere in this world...................
gudmund
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:56 pm

Not sure how but I totally missed this thread.

My father in law had one of these. Those two were a bit crazy back then. Mother in law bought a 2004 Hummer H2 then he bought his SSR which I think was a 2005. It was indeed sweet. Bright red. Had, I think, a 454 and would pass just about anything but a gas station. We used it as our getaway car on our wedding night. Power convertible hardtop. The bed had a really nice hardwood floor and there was a pair of nifty lockable plastic "saddlebags" over the wheelwells inside the box. Hard cover over the box popped open with the key fob. No handle or latch outside in the back. All smooth. Just about the most impractical vehicle ever, but a load of fun. The box is just big enough for a couple suitcases or golf bags.

We bought the mother in law's Hummer in 2016. It had 7,800 miles on it. That thing is a hoot. We've got about 75,000 on it now. Wife's brother bought the SSR. His daughter and her hubby drove away in it on their wedding night too a couple years ago.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Return to Towing and Tow Vehicles