Anyone ever seen one of these?

ebay clicky

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Wee-Zim

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm

Bev,
I think a wooden boat builder named Robert Zimmer was the guy that built the Wee-Zim. Seem to remember something in Woodenboat Magazine years ago about some of his designs. Maybe our wood boat guru Doug remembers this guy... although I think he built workboats and sailboats...

Sure looks like to me those hatch side walls are a solid fold-down type, not canvas, isn't that intresting.... :thinking:

Maybe Gage, the classic small trailer photo historian, has some pictures if any of the Wee-Zims survived. Gage did you ever think about publishing a coffee table book of classic tiny trailers?

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Re: Wee-Zim

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:05 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:<snip>
Maybe Gage, the classic small trailer photo historian, has some pictures if any of the Wee-Zims survived. Gage did you ever think about publishing a coffee table book of classic tiny trailers?
Steve 8)

Nope, never seen that one. Maybe Grant has heard of it. He knows a lot more about teardrops than I could ever think about knowing. Me, I've just been at it for a few years. As for publishing something, na, takes to much time. I have provided some information for a couple of 'coffee table books' that are out there.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Traditional Designs