Camp-Inn Teardrops

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:25 pm

Again,
Pulled Pork; What is it? How do you cook it? Where do you get it?

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Ok I am no expert,, but what we call pulled is just that,,take a pork roast or other pork that has been cooked,,ya use a fork or some type of stabber and pull the pork off the bone in ususlly bite size chunks,,it can be sauce on or sauce off during cooking,,,if ya really want to do it right cook a small pig about 75 to 100 lbs for 8 to 10 hours and start picking and pulling,, ya might get some other version of this,,BBQ is like tears,,the more ya look around the more the more ways ya find to do something,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:51 pm

mikeschn wrote:Michelle loves pulled pork... should we have a pulled pork teardrop gathering?

Mike...

If Ya'll get together for this, then you should have a "Pig Pickin'"

Pulled pork is BBQd to the point where it is tender enough to be pulled off the bone. I've had it in different ways NC, Memphis, Kansas City styles. I like em all. Like I said before I like BBQ pork, problem is Texans like their beef.

A pig pickin' is where a whole hog is BBQd between racks so that it can be flipped over. When it is done, everyone picks their meat off the hog. It is a popular event for batchelor's parties and graduations I understand. I have never personally been to one but I learned about it when I lived in Durham, NC.

Eastern NC BBQ is pulled pork and cooked with a rub. The sauce uses vinegar and red pepper. It is different from Western and Lexington style because the farther you go West the more tomatos they use. I think they said that the tomatoes wouldn't grow in the sandy soil.

My wife (then girlfriend) and I were transferred to TX from NC because of work. There were several people who were also transferred. When we got married here, we had some NC BBQ brought in. I we got it from http://www.kingsbbq.com/handChopPork.html

You should be warned though, when I first tried it I was like, "what is this?" but I really grew to like it the same went for my wife it is an aquired taste. It kinda reminded me of a Filipino dish my mom made for us as kids. Adobo Pork (can be done with Chicken too) it is has like 4 ingredients, pork, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic (don't remember the quantities).
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

BBQ Pork

Postby McTeardrops » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:12 pm

The biggest shock with NC BBQ is the cole slaw slapped on top!
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby mexican tear » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:49 pm

The best pulled pork is in Memphis

My wife makes some pretty good stuff in the oven. Maybe she will do some at a gathering in the little stove.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Traditional Designs