Camp-Inn Teardrops

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Camp-Inn Teardrops

Postby travelbug37 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:23 am

Greetings from California. I'm interested in renting a Camp-Inn Teardrop or just seeing one to check them out. Anyone know where I can get a peek at one without drinving to Wisconsin?
travelbug37
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:12 pm

Jolene has one. I think she is in the Bay Area.
Contact Cary, he'll be able to tell you where the nearest Camp-Inn lives.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Paul W » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:22 pm

Jolene is Sftiggee on this board. She has been really helpful with all our questions. Email her and see.
Camp-Inn
Paul, Canmore, AB
Paul W
Teardrop Builder

Postby PUPTENT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:37 pm

Your best bet is to email Cary at Camp-Inn in Wisconsin. There are a number of Camp-Inn teardrops in Southern California.
PUPTENT - Barry and wife - Class B RV
Novato, California
"Hey, while you're up, mind throwin' another log on the fire?"
PUPTENT
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:13 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Jolene has one. I think she is in the Bay Area.
Contact Cary, he'll be able to tell you where the nearest Camp-Inn lives.

Dean,

I've been sitting here staring at your avatar. It's quite a nice animal. When are you going to start building it?

(Yes, I know yesterday you said you wanted to reassess your requirements...) Will you be starting your build soon?

Just wondering...

Mike...

P.S. Are you going to park on the other side of Eagle so we can have Pizza for dinner, before we get into the peach cobbler and ice cream?
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby catrinka » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:01 pm

I thought diners served food, sounds like you are just collecting it :lol:
catrinka
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:03 pm

In my diner for 2 I devour any good food that is served!!! Best diner I've ever heard of!!! :rofl:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:44 am

mikeschn wrote:Will you be starting your build soon?

I hope to start the actual construction sometime in the coming Spring.
I need to complete, or at least get the hull on the Redbird (canoe) glassed, before I can start. I have plenty of cedar strips for my sidewalls. I'm leaning towards doing the outer roof skin with stainless steel. Speaking of steel... I see that it took an absurd jump in price recently.

Pizza, eh? Yaa, if you want, but... That's for the kids. How about this... Barbequed baby back pork ribs and corn on the cob? ( I'm going to be fabricating a BBQ with stainless steel, fashioned after my little Brinkmann, to better fit with the teardrop) BTW, I don't use any sauce on the ribs, (Don't need it) just some dry seasonings and the right amount of hickory smoke. I'd put these ribs in a contest.
(I'm just glad that Eagle will digging the hole in the ground and not me)
It's been a long time since I did some underground cooking with a DO. I'd probably scorch or under cook it on my first attempt. :oops:

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:22 am

Dean,, My girls cooker will out cook yours,,lol,,,her smoker is fully automatic,,and holds 85 pork butts at a time,,no sauce,,just smoke and heat,,bout 8 hours later BBQ,,Maybe I should explain,,she is general manager for BBQ house in Greer SC,,I'll take ya up on the Pizza,,BBq just aint as good as it use to be before she let me start hanging around and eating BBQ,,, now its still good but enough is enough,,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:34 am

Chip,
85 slabs of meat and automatic? Where's the art?
I know what you mean. I'm a carnivore big time (It's a Norwegian thing I guess) and I sometimes need to take a break from BBQ. (At least a couple of days now and then :lol: )

As far as the pizza goes, using Kai's little range... I've got to do some fiddling there to get it dialed in. (See my post on Ross's Dutch Oven Cooking thread in General Discussion)

Postby asianflava » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:29 pm

MMMMmmm pork BBQ! Here in TX it's all about the cow. Yeah you can get pork loin and ribs but it's nothing like the pork and pulled pork I get when I visit FL and NC.

Then again, (Eastern) NC BBQ is like nothing like I've had anywhere else. I thought it was strange the first time I had it but I ended up really liking it.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:51 pm

asianflava wrote:pulled pork

Please explain.
(Remember, I'm a "Fog-Crawler" way out and up here on the West Coast and I'm a Norwegian carnivore to boot, but I've never heard of this. What is it, how do you cook it and where do you get it?)

Postby Frank » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:04 pm

Chip,
I can tesify Donna's BBQ is real good! :D Maybe in the Thanksgiving Gathering we could have some? 8)
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:08 pm

Michelle loves pulled pork... should we have a pulled pork teardrop gathering?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:24 pm

Ya'll come on down to the upstate SC area and I'll get Donna to cater the gathering she also does a mean smoked turkey on the holidays,,so as we say down here!!!! YA'LL COME!

oh and thanks Frank,,Ill pass it on to Donna

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Next

Return to Traditional Designs