Congrats on a job almost finished

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Congrats on a job almost finished

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:54 pm

Just wanted to say I went to look over what rmcelroy is building. He was putting the finishing touches on his skin when I got there. LOOKING GOOD.

Looking at his tear and others on here I think I will put my plans for a tiny trailer on hold and build a tear myself for fun and to let the kids have something to borrow.

Don't worry when I start I will post some pic's just be patient gotta start buying materials first.

Keep rmcelroy up the good work you have inspired me to begin in next week or two.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:52 am

Thanks for the kind words Drew, while my tear is two steps away from being road ready-tag bracket /light and calk and attach hatch hinge. I have compiled a to do list this morning that is longer than I like, I'm afraid the tweaking will go on and on.

I still can't wait to get out and start camping, even though this project has been a lot of fun-the past few weeks it has felt more like work than fun.

It was good to have you over to talk. I'm glad to hear you are going to move ahead with your tear.

MJ my album will be updated soon, I have been focused on the build to the point that the pics just stayed in the camera (stupid pics don't care if you get mad) :lol:

Mc
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:02 pm

Mc, don't worry about the pics...get the trailer done...the last month of our build, I missed a number of detail pics because my hands were just to full of "work" to take 'em...it happens, priority, priority, priority :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby rmcelroy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:20 am

How many of you have done this-I left a message under the Al on the plywood of my door with info I thought someone in the future would find interesting. I listed names of folks involved in the build, the time frame it was built in, the alloy of the Al (not quiet sure why on that one) etc.

I was thinking of the restores I have seen on this page and it struck me that not only did I now have a camper to enjoy but I have put another TD in the world to be used abused enjoyed and maybe restored one day long after I'm gone.... that made me smile

Enjoy your work folks its pretty cool.

Happy camping
Mc
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Return to Southeast