Smokies Gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Smokies Gathering

Postby slojoe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 pm

Does anyone have any info on the Elkmont campground gathering Sept-Oct in the Smokies I have contacted the contact e-mail with no response.What group is this?
Thanks JM Justice
slojoe Justice

The more that you have the more you have to maintain .the more you owe the more you worry.The happy man is happy not because of what he has but what he hasent. We choose to simplify our lives to maintain our sanity. Happy Teardropping!!
slojoe
Teardrop Inspector

Smokies Gathering

Postby slojoe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:54 am

Well gues no one else knows about this event so I am to assume it dosent exist ?
Thanks I was hoping to meet some teardrop people
slojoe Justice

The more that you have the more you have to maintain .the more you owe the more you worry.The happy man is happy not because of what he has but what he hasent. We choose to simplify our lives to maintain our sanity. Happy Teardropping!!
slojoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:16 am

slo, I havent heard of it or any details,, it is not thru this board or the Tearjerkers,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:15 am

...supposedly(???) this event is being put on/advertised by the guy who sells the all wooden "frameless" TD plans on Ebay, I know of several people who have emailed him and no one that I know of has gotten a response....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:46 am

I know serveral people also who tried to email him about the event and got no response either. Maybe he doesn't other teardroppers there to steal his thunder about those plans he is trying to sell them or maybe dispute the frameless design concept. If you read his ebay post he's got 20 people showing up and yet no response to any other teardroppers on the board ? Sounds funny to me for a teardrop gathering you would think you would want other teardroppers there for exposure. Hell this could be the largest gathering in the area ever, but no, he is into a money making endeavour and that is exactly what it is starting to sound like and that's it
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Gatlingburg anyone?

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:02 pm

If you look in this southeast section , there is a post called "Gatlingburg anyone?" I did email Gary Weaver and got a reply . He said sometimes the emails get lost because of this internet provider or something.
I will find that old email and post it here in a few minutes. But this is what info I know of.

And on Ebay he does sell the plans for a very simple trailer with only a simple axel and tongue and simple metal frame but says that you can get as creative or fancy or simple as you want. It looks like his plans leave you to make it the way you want - just like most TD builders do.

Julie

September 30 - October 2, 2005 Gatlinburg, TENNESSEE

1st Great Smoky Mountain Tear Drop Gathering, Great Smoky Mountain National Park at Elkmont Camp Ground. Join us in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains! Trout fishing, white water tubing, swimming, backpacking, bicycle riding picknicking, hiking. All day tube rental and shuttle bus service is only $5.00. Stay as long as you like. About 25 miles east of Knoxville on I-40, take US 441 south 30 miles to Gatlinburg. Elkmont camp ground is 6 miles from Gatlingburg or 5 miles past the Smoky Mountain Visitor center. $14.00 to $20.00 per night. Bathrooms with flush toilets, water is available at the bath house, no electricity available. Don't miss at least one meal at Bennett's BBQ! More info from Gary Weaver: [email protected]
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:18 pm

Here is some interesting reading that I ran accross that involves Mr Gary Weaver, who I think is just a con artist trying to make a buck on the unknowing.
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~chrisb/writing/scientificsupply/scientificsupply.html

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:53 pm

me thinks I gonna miss the First Annual Gathering and try for the 2nd or third,, Heck I might just miss those also,, If I wanted dramma and confusion,, I would have stayed married,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:25 pm

ya know..sometimes I wish I could just shoot people like this guy..what a freaking thief
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby slojoe » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:38 am

Thanks Gage for the website info. Elkmont would have been great especially during the fall.I guess I will try to get down to NC in october if the wife can get the the time off.I really wanted to see some teardrops in TN who knows I just may run into some of you guys on the road .Havent been to see my family there in over a year.A gathering would have been a perfect excuse to go.Who knows with fuel prices going up EVERYONE may become Teardroppers!!

8)
slojoe Justice

slojoe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:32 am

Hey Slojoe,

If you can make it to our TearJerker Fall Crawl at Davidson River State Park in Brevard NC, October 21-23,2005,we would love having you. This weekend, my wife and I are going to be down around the Ashville area and one of the stops will be to Davidson River. Apple Tree Loop is all booked up and there is still a great interest from folks wanting to attend, so we are looking at another loop for a possible overflow area.
Check the Southern Appalachian Chapter *Fall Crawl 2005* either Tuesday or Wednesday to see which loop we have picked.

Hope to see ya 'round a campfire,
Ross
Southern Appalachian Chapter Director of the TearJerkers
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to Southeast