Christmas in "Possum Land"

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Chip » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:44 am

Hey Gail did you and Bill take the Possum Kingdom with you???? and what was the responce from the crowd,,, heck yall might have been the grand marshal in the parade,,,, sounds like a whole new world out thar in possum land,,,, :lol: :lol:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby gailkaitschuck » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:55 am

No, we ended up "camping out" at a local Best Western in Murphy, about 6 miles from Brasstown. It ended up being a good idea; the way into Brasstown consists of very narrow country roads and I don't think we could have gotten through the crowd without squashing a few folks (not to mention a few possum) with the teardrop.

And forget about turning around! We'd still be there.

I thought I'd send Clay (who puts this on) a picture of the Possum Kingdom all decked out in possum stuff, hoping he'd add this to his "possum wall of fame" in his store.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 am

so Gail, where are the pics...after all this build up, certainly you took some pics and we wanna see 'em :D ;) ......... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby gailkaitschuck » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:36 am

Sigh...unfortunately no. Driving up we did comment how come we always forget the camera.

www.clayscorner.com has a good review of previous Possum festivals.

Driving up Bill also commented in all his driving he's yet to see a teardrop parked in someones yard, etc.. A couple of hours later as we were passing through Hiawasee Georgia we noticed six Little Guys all lined up on the road by a fruit and vegetable stand.

On the way back, we stopped and checked them out; the dealer happened to be there (he owned the fruit stand) and commented he's done a fairly good business selling them.

If anyone needs a dealer, there's one up in North Georgia.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Previous

Return to Southeast