My home built tear

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

My home built tear

Postby JIML1943 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:17 am

I started building my [ 3 year old dream ] teardrop in oct. 2005 i am now down to the finishing stage. It's a lot of work for something that small but i can't wait till it gets daylight so i can get outside and work on it. Started with a 17 ft boat trailer and the lil bear profile i made a few minor changes to the shape, went to 5x10 have a few build pics posted not in any particular order.From what i've been reading on the posts at least one person in this group likes pics. happy camping Jim
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:34 am

Nice job on your tear, Jim. You are just down the hill from us. We live about an hour northwest of Wilkesboro,NC. There are a lot of teardrops in NC. You gonna try to make any of the gatherings?

Little Talbot, FL in February (Tearjerkers)
    Edisto, SC in April
    Raccoon Holler in Glendale Springs, NC in May (Tearjerkers)
    Mystic Seaport, CT in July (Tearjerkers)
    North Meets South Rally in Max Maedows, VA in August (Tearjerkers)
    Around Asheville,NC the end of August To Be Announced
    Davidson River in Brevard, NC in October (Tearjerkers)
    Myrtle Beach, SC in December

And sometimes we post a small run somewhere. So there is plenty of places to go this summer. You just have to make sue that you have enough vacation saved up :lol:

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Thanks Ross

Postby JIML1943 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:03 pm

It 's hard to get away on weekends wife works at the campground here in lexington we only get to go hide out during the week except vacation time in mid july. :)
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:12 pm

Well, Jim ...

... it took a little searching, but I found your album! Nice Job! Be sure to let us know when you finish and post the pics ... eager to see the final results and fruit of your labor! Continued Good Luck, and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Southeast