RE: Florida Gatherings Jan. 21-26

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

RE: Florida Gatherings Jan. 21-26

Postby gassman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks for the replies. FYI....My wife and I are from Ashtabula, Ohio...the beltbuckle of the snow belt. We will be visiting Lake Placid and Sebring. I am supposed to do a little a little racing while there. Otherwise it's a vacation and family visit thing. ....We have a set of Kuffel Creek Cuddy plans and have found them very informing. Our goal is a full 'woodie' ....the wife loves to cook so the galley will be extravagent !!!
Personally I like the old wooden boat look...brass and wood...oooh aaah!! Parts should be ready available....I've been with NAPA 30+ yrs.
Would like to meet alll of you on the road......
Rick and Tracy
gassman
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:25 am

Gassman,,, welcome to the world of scrounged parts,,,,, Just a suggestion but ya might want to contact Woody in Florida,,, he is a nautical scrounging parts guru,,, if ya get stuck on a part or two Woody might be of some help,,,,

hurry up and get er done and gass,,,,,,,,,,,, post da pics. :pictures:

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby toypusher » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:34 am

Rick,

Welcome aboard. I have a Cubby, but it is not a woody. Check out this site for a great woody 'Comet'

http://www.steve-frederick.com/index3
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby gassman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:47 pm

Chipper and Kerry.....actually after I saw the TV blurp (Travel Channel) about 6 months ago I got the fever....it's cubbys like yours and Steves 'woodie' that really got the blood churning. And Pics....I think the wife is picking up a digital camera today. P.S. this is the first forum I've ever even thought about becoming involved with...He..HE I'm at work too!!!
Rick
gassman
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:39 pm

gassman wrote: And Pics....I think the wife is picking up a digital camera today. P.S. this is the first forum I've ever even thought about becoming involved with...He..HE I'm at work too!!!
Rick

...way to go Rick :applause: :applause: :applause: we do just dearly luv da pics :D ;) ............. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Southeast