Manatee Springs State Park February 12-13-14

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Mary K » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:45 pm

forestfrog wrote:Beautiful pics, Becca!

I weighed Mental Floss today and the tongue weight came in at 105 pounds, so I'm OK to tow to Florida with my little Honda!! WOO HOO!! Please keep your fingers crossed for good weather in February, I don't want to test how weatherproof she is on a 1500 mile round trip in the rain, LOL!!
:? :lol:

Only a 105??? :scratchthinking: Are you sure that is right??? Must be all that bamboo.

EDIT ....Oh ...duh...you said Tongue Weight.... Imadork.. :oops:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Mary K wrote:Mine is The Crow's Nest. :lol:

The countdown..... I'm running out of time to get my new trailer finished. Well, at least I have a back-up trailer that's not too shabby. :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Get Busy Steve, or I will follow you back home just too see the Gypsy Caravan. :fb

:R :R :R
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Mary K wrote:Get Busy Steve, or I will follow you back home just too see the Gypsy Caravan. :fb

:R :R :R

Mary K,

You can come visit us in St Augustine any time. I'm a pretty good tour guide. ;)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 am

I am ready to go camping, I really wonder if I'll have the gypsy caravan finished, as I still don't have the door made, or put the finish on the outside. I also have been having trouble contacting the company that is making the cushions for the seats. But it will all work out one way or another. :)

But the main reason for this post is to mention Becca's birthday. It is on Valentines Day, Feb 14th.

Any cake volunteers? :new-bday:

I hope it warms up a little for our weekend, see you there! :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby forestfrog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:15 pm

MaryK wrote:Only a 105??? Are you sure that is right??? Must be all that bamboo.

EDIT ....Oh ...duh...you said Tongue Weight.... Imadork..

LOL! I wish the total weight was lower...she's roughly 850lbs without the mattress (that'll add another 60-70lbs I think)....still under the 1000lb tow limit on my little Honda though...Yippee!!

Steve_Cox wrote:But the main reason for this post is to mention Becca's birthday. It is on Valentines Day, Feb 14th.

Any cake volunteers?

Camping, teardrops, Valentine's, and a B-Day all on the same weekend...can't beat that! I'll bring a cake! I'm guessing no one will complain if more than one cake shows up though, LOL!
:lol:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:57 pm

This is not Rebecca...this is her conscience speaking and I wanted to tell you that she loves German Chocolate cake, and I love...oh, I mean she loves Chocolate cake or cheese cake or...heck, I love cake...crap, I mean she...she loves cake. Don't tell her I was here giving her secrets away...we are supposed to be at the YMCA exercising!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:41 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:This is not Rebecca...this is her conscience speaking and I wanted to tell you that she loves German Chocolate cake, and I love...oh, I mean she loves Chocolate cake or cheese cake or...heck, I love cake...crap, I mean she...she loves cake. Don't tell her I was here giving her secrets away...we are supposed to be at the YMCA exercising!

:shhh: :whistle:

Ya mean this?

Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Mary K wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:This is not Rebecca...this is her conscience speaking and I wanted to tell you that she loves German Chocolate cake, and I love...oh, I mean she loves Chocolate cake or cheese cake or...heck, I love cake...crap, I mean she...she loves cake. Don't tell her I was here giving her secrets away...we are supposed to be at the YMCA exercising!

:shhh: :whistle:

Ya mean this?

Whoa that looks so good...
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:25 am

Hi all,

I've been out of town for a couple weeks, my mom had hip replacement surgery. I had to come home a couple days early because I developed strep and figured she and dad didn't need that.

Okay, enough about me...

I have a question, are we still planning a murder? If so, when do we get the script. I've been looking for old clothing, so far nothing but I'm still looking.

Also, are we all bringing Becca Chocolate cake or should we do it Mary's way with no calories? :R

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Lynn Coleman wrote:Hi all,

I've been out of town for a couple weeks, my mom had hip replacement surgery. I had to come home a couple days early because I developed strep and figured she and dad didn't need that.

Okay, enough about me...

I have a question, are we still planning a murder? If so, when do we get the script. I've been looking for old clothing, so far nothing but I'm still looking.

Also, are we all bringing Becca Chocolate cake or should we do it Mary's way with no calories? :R

Lynn

Lynn, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is on the road to recovery and you too.

Not sure if we are still doing the murder mystery after I priced the games. The one I wanted was $99 + shipping. Too much. I called Barnes n Noble and they no longer carry them. I am waiting for my neighbor to get home to see if she still has hers. If not, we could still do a theme where everyone where's whatever they can come up with, put the "killer" in an envelope, let everyone choose an envelope and we just make it up as we go . I'm open for suggestions.

Oh, MayK, that cake looks deadly!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Lynn,

I wish you and your mom a speedy recovery.

Becca,

Please don't murder me. :cry:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Lynn,

I wish you and your mom a speedy recovery.

Becca,

Please don't murder me. :cry:

Promise I won't...your quiche is too good.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:03 pm

I could murder someone that just brought pictures of German Chocolate Cake instead of the real deal :yes:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Gaelen » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Hey, everyone--if a northerner can drop in--I've already mentioned to Becca that I'm going to be in Orlando from Feb 11-16. Don't know about my car situation yet, and there will be family stuff to work around, but if I can work it out, I'm going to try to come up to Manatee Springs for the day, maybe on Friday?
I'm joining my brother, SIL, niece and nephew in a condo my brother rents for three weeks during the Orlando trade show season at Vista Cay--and it looks from the Mapquest route, like it's just a bit over a 2 hour drive from the condo to Manatee.

Maybe I can find some German Chocolate cake, too... ;)
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast