Southern Appalachian Chapter * Spring Fling 2005*

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby hoggtyed » Tue May 17, 2005 2:52 pm

It would seem that there are mysterious forces at work doing there best to keep me from going camping. My van has gremlins I am sure. She has been leeking a little oil. So I buy it by the case instead of the bottle no big deal. It keeps the dust down in my driveway too. A couple days ago my breaks started making a swooshing sound and then a noticable vibration. Looks like new breaks and rotors are in the future. A concern sure but not a trip stopper. 8) I came out of work yesterday and found one of my NEW tires flat. On the brighter side the nail was unbent and perfectly salvagable. And then the icing on the cake this morning on my way to work as my tranmission shifted from 2nd to 3rd I felt a thump or a clank, possibly a slip. I checked the fluid and its was full thats when I became a bit discourage. But, I still had hope after all it's early in the week. I came straight home and called the only honest local tramission place I know of and to my dismay the man who handles my model of tramission is on vacation till monday...
:cry:

So it would seem at this point in time I dont have much choice but to cancel camping this weekend. If the wife will let me use her car I may drive up Saturday and drop in for a visit. I wont be able to stay long because she works Saturday night.
hoggtyed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Woody » Tue May 17, 2005 6:12 pm

Chip.
We are leaving Thursday morning 5 am, approx 13 hrs later, stop by Ross and Carla's Thursday night and stay there for the night. Then go to the campground from there early Friday morning with them. I will see you there my friend. What time do you think you guys will be there on friday? You still have my cell number?. I have a cell number for you from Talbot is it still the same? PM me and I will give you mine if you want it
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Frank » Wed May 18, 2005 6:06 pm

Hey Gang,

We got a call last night, some friends from Mich. are coming thru on the way to Ala. this weekend for a few days. So we are going to stay home to see them. Sorry we will miss you guys, but will catch you next time and hopefully have the weekender ready. HAVE FUN.

Frank & Linda
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed May 18, 2005 7:19 pm

Ross, What is your people count ? Trying to figure out how much chili to bring. Wanda can't make it this weekend so I'll be alone. Chip; Your cell same as when we went to SC ? PS: ROSS Are you getting wood or should we bring our own ?
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Wed May 18, 2005 9:54 pm

Alan, it is looking like 16 or so people, with a total of 10 trailers. I invited the campground owners to join us for dinner Saturday night.

I have about 1/3rd of a pick up load of firewood. It is from my wood pile. All the people who sell seasoned wood are out and restocking for this coming winter. So to answer your question......if you have some, bring it..if not there should be enough for the weekend. They do have wood for sale at the campground, but I don't know how much.

Ross

PS: We are going to miss you, Frank and Linda.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed May 18, 2005 10:13 pm

I'll throw what I have in the truck too. You all drive safely see you on Friday noonish.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woody » Wed May 18, 2005 11:11 pm

Well I am ready to go. We will be leaving at 5 am Thursday and should get there around 7 pm thursday night. Man look at the time, :shock: it is after midnight, 5 hours to go until we leave for North Carolina. Pickle Juice here I come :twisted:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu May 19, 2005 6:47 am

Alan,, Its about time,,, :twisted: :thumbsup: 8) :lol: :P
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu May 19, 2005 9:14 pm

packed,, racked,, stacked,, pickled and ready to go,, talk to ya the first of the week

:angel: :wine: :awesome:

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Chip wrote:packed,, racked,, stacked,, pickled and ready to go,, talk to ya the first of the week

:angel: :wine: :awesome:

chip

Is that like "Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Chopped, Diced, & Peppered?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chip » Fri May 20, 2005 4:47 am

HaHaHaHa !!!! pretty much the same but with one or two exceptions,, instead of the sexy waitress's serving up drinks and coffee they got ME,,,,,, :drofl: :twisted: :rofl: :rofl2:
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Fri May 20, 2005 6:59 pm

:cry: Something came up unexpected folks. Might still try to get up ther Saturday.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woody » Mon May 23, 2005 7:29 am

Well , we made it back about a 1/2 hour ago from Raccoon Hollar. All I can say is nice campground, good time and great people, just one thing though it has too many 'ROOTS" :lol: :lol: :lol: Now time for a nice nap
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon May 23, 2005 9:00 am

Fun was had by all, way too may ROOTS though. Glad to see that Woody and Ellen made it home safe. I know it was a long drive from Fort Lauderdale, Fla but we had a blast having you up here. 8 trailers and two tents and a lot of lookers. Some locals stopped by as well as folks from Tennessee and Georgia.

We missed having Frank & Linda and Alan & Wanda there. The year is still young.

Here are some pictures: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tearjerkers2004/my_photos and go to the "2005 Spring Fling"

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Mon May 23, 2005 1:01 pm

Well ,, I is home,, Pete,Lynn and I stopped of for a little R&R at Davidson River on the way home and spent one more night out,, As always I had a ball,, Good trip Ross, and ditto on Frank, linda, Alan, and Wanda being missed,, We did try to take up the slack by yall not being thar,, and have a good time anyway,, It was difficult but we managed, Ross and Woody thanks for helping Lynn out and directing me towads home :tipsy: Good to see all the old faces and the new additions to our little group,, One last comment and I going to take a nap,, AROOPEE!!! spelling might be off but ya just had to have been thar,, laters yall,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast