anyone up for a northern alabama gathering?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby jgalt » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:57 pm

Anyone ready to start making plans? Weather's getting nicer and nicer...
jgalt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Scooter » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm

I'm still interested...others??? :thumbsup:
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:20 pm

I can't make it now..need to speand time making new Tear.. :)
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby David Niver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:20 am

We're still interested and AL isn't to far away.
David Niver :thumbsup:
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby rgsgoose5 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi,
North Ala would be great for me... just not before easter
tom
iuka
rgsgoose5
Teardrop Inspector

Postby edalma.gulftel.com » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:15 pm

Alma and I would be interested in an Alabama gathering probably not until after the N.C. gathering, but anything is possible. Another possibility would be "Wind Creek State Park" on Lake Martin, East of I65 between Birmingham and Montgomery.

Ed
edalma.gulftel.com
Teardrop Inspector

Postby engled » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure my wife and I would come.
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:26 am

What happened to this thread. I don't see where any dates were set and it is close to the end of june. Looks like it needs a organizer to find location, set a date, anouce it and be there even if not a good responce. Sometimes you just got to go ahead and commit.

Sorry for saying this but I was hoping to see a gathering coming up in Al. so I could come, drool and steal ideas for project I have in mind.

If you still want to have a gathering I would come if you allow a tent/ commercial camper / or possible just my van. I have all but the TTT.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:22 am

The Unicoi thread seems slow right now. To tell the truth No. Alabama would be closer for me anyway. I have done some drive throughts in Bucks Pocket, Guntersville and Wheeler-but have not camped in any of them. They are all very pretty places.

I've had relatives stay at Monte Sano in Huntsville and it gets a big thumbs up from them, beautiful view on a ridge above the city.

http://www.alapark.com/

I would hate to sponser a trip-this will be my first TD outing, but I think it would be great. Even though I have A/C for my Tear, I would like to wait until the heat breaks some.......any thoughts

Mc
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:58 am

Well, I started the post, but unfortunately, I have been unable to get anything together to go that way as of yet.

hopefully, I'll be able to do something with it next year, because this year is already booked.

I was hoping to camp up that way in the late spring, before the heat hits. so we'll see.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mincey » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:53 pm

I would be open for a N AL gathering. Hopefully not on a weekend we already have booked :) . I had been watching this thread, but hadn't seen any definites.

I agree, the Unicoi, GA thread has been quiet, but I am definitely planning on being there at Unicoi Sept 8th. I already have our reservations. I figure more people are out camping instead of posting!! We are taking a break from camping for the summer because it is too hot and too many people. We'll pick it back up again in Sept. :lol:

Cheryl
Cheryl and Randall
2006 T@B Clamshell
The T@Binator
mincey
Teardrop Master

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Well lets get things going again. How about a Lil Fall Fling for TD's and TTT's. If needs to be in North Alabama may I suggest Bucks pocket. I have never been there and don't know what the facilities are like but what better way to find out.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm

I did a recon into Bucks pocket. The trail/observation area on the rim is beautiful. The campground is down in the gorge with a sparkling clear mountain stream. I fished for awhile until I realized I couldn't see any fish but could see the bait, thats how clear the water was.

Come with your supplies in hand, although I'm not very familiar with the area it seemed to me that it was quiet a drive to anywhere from there. Someone chime in if I'm wrong about that.

Would be a great place for a quiet weekend, DO cooking, bicycles around the loop etc.

Where are you in the Ham PPDrew?

Mc

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:56 pm

Shady side of Gardendale if that helps any rmcelroy. Hopefully Bucks pocket sometimes this fall sounds interesting. Do you know if there are any hook ups there. I can get by without them when weather cools off but don't want to annoy my neighbors with my generator if hot. LOL
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby rmcelroy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:15 am

PPDrew

It seems like they do have water and electric hookups, but I'd want to call first just to be sure. Cooler weather would be nice-I'm a real wus when it gets hot.

I'm down in Alabaster-development is getting crazy down here. I'm a weekend or two away from finishing my build. I will probably make a trial run to Tannehill, to shake things out in spite of the heat. I'll let you know if you want, to come out and visit.

Mc

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast