TEARJERKERS *North Meets South Rally 2006*

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:24 am

Tom:

Enjoyed your pic's.... Great captions.

Looks like a whole lot of partying was going on.

Thanks for your efforts.
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:44 am

Hey Mike,

I know that for those of us in the Southern Appalachian Terjerkers Chapter, these AC unit additions were a last minute thing. And I will add.....they were a welcomed addition. Yea, they weren't too pretty to look at....but they did their job.... :FNP :lol: :D

Speed Bump
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:06 am

:thinking: From the responses it would seem that an unoficial 2007 gathering might be in order.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby len19070 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:55 pm

I think your right Alan, maybe a "Fixin' ta get ready rally" the first weekend in August 2007, in both the North and the South would be in order. A year before the next South Meets North Rally.

Give us an opportunity to build up the troops.

The South's strategy was diabolical, taking out the Northern leader (I.E. "Tailgate Todd) through "intoxicants" by way of gorgeous Female agents. (The man can't say no.)

And using "Speed Bump" as a decoy...Brilliant!!

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Woody » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:18 am

Yes we in the south are sneaky, but we won fair and square :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was all in the planning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Big Dave » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:54 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone again for your incredible hospitally. Between the surprize shimp appetizer, lending us plates and silverware for the potluck (and not letting us wash them) and being presented with Steve's CD it was a whirlwind of a Saturday. Every campsite we walked by we were invited in, given the grand tour and introduced to everybody around. We got building & planning tips from everyone and even a dutch oven cooking lesson from Tom. I was just hoping not to be a bother while I looked around and got ideas for our camper. We were really taken aback by how friendly everyone was. You guys have a hell of a community and we are looking forward to being able to participate in future events.
Big Dave
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Steve Frederick » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 pm

Big Dave wrote: I was just hoping not to be a bother while I looked around and got ideas for our camper. ...

Not a problem, I know that I speak for all...just post pics when you get started!!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Woody » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:10 am

len19070 wrote:I think your right Alan, maybe a "Fixin' ta get ready rally" the first weekend in August 2007, in both the North and the South would be in order. A year before the next South Meets North Rally.

Give us an opportunity to build up the troops.

The South's strategy was diabolical, taking out the Northern leader (I.E. "Tailgate Todd) through "intoxicants" by way of gorgeous Female agents. (The man can't say no.)

And using "Speed Bump" as a decoy...Brilliant!!

Happy Trails

Len

Len,
"Speed bump" as a decoy? What is this "Speed Bump Decoy" reference you speak of???? Actually it was a master stroke of brillance by us southerners to allow the North to save face by losing thier fearless leader within the first 3 hours of being there. I do recall a WHITE FLAG of Surrender flying over the leaders teardrop. As for the selfless act of one of our own sacrificing life and liver function so the NORTH could save face later that night by being defeated at the begining. That was the shot glass heard around the world (I might add):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:04 pm

HERE...HERE..... :beer: :wine: :tipsy: :guzzle:

Speed Bump
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:17 pm

hey Ross, I have heard rumblings across the airwaves about that speed bump deal...slick...ya know :lol: :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Well, what can I say. It looked like a nice to crash for the night........... :? :lol:

Speed Bump
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:39 pm

...probably better that Woody's PU bed :lol: ;) ............................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Jiminsav » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:42 pm

sometimes, home is where you drop.. :guzzle:
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Jiminsav wrote:sometimes, home is where you drop.. :guzzle:

AMEN...been there ...done that...read the book...saw the movie...got the T shirt...wore the T shirt out...oh my aching head :lol: :lol: :lol:
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:16 am

madjack wrote:...probably better that Woody's PU bed :lol: ;) ............................... 8)

Madjack OH YOU HAVE NO IDEA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you had to be there, words can not explain what happened and why my PU's bed, I can only surmise or equate it to Japan's signing an unconditional surrender on the deck of the Battleship Missouri and I was there. And a WHITE FLAG of surrender was flying on his trailer(I know because I put it there) Now as far as the "Speed bumpin' deal, well let's just say it was all part of our overall Southern Strategy with a selfless act of sacrifice on the part of one of our own since the humilating and single handed defeat of my wife taking down the North's leader ( General Tailgate) with a shot glass ( the shotglass heard around the world), Due to the shocking and yet humbling defeat of General Tailgate, at Ft Chiswell RV Park, we had a much anticpated victory celebration, our fearless leader and all around nice guy General Speed bump over indulged and intoxicated with the smell of such a stunning victory. The man, the myth, the legend, while singing a stunning rendition of "YEAH TOAST" alcohol came into play. After another rousing chorus of "YEAH TOAST" it happened the speed bump incident. The rest is history. Now if you want to know the details I am writing a book about the "INCIDENT" and it will be on sale at Barnes and Noble for $19.99 in the camping humor section. I haven't come up with a title for it yet though :thinking: Root Trippin' and Speed Bumpin" made easy or Don't try this at home, no one could be this stupid or Oh my aching head and why is there tire tracks on my shirt again I am open for suggestions
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast