Florida Chapter Anastasia State Park Gathering 2006

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby surveytech » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:14 pm

Ross Wade wrote:
Okay...show of hands.....Who wants to see the Pirates in the Trees :shocked: :lol: :lol:

what might that be?
surveytech
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:32 pm

I would love to see the pirates in the trees but am way too afraid to look up and find the dreaded CHUPACABRA up there...huh Woody :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:26 am

Well I'll tell ya about the Pirates in the trees. While at Anaststsia last year the wife, kids and some friends decided to go into St Augustine for a tour. I stayed at the campsite to conduct an study of how fast could I empty my beer coolers. While proceeding with my examination of HOW FAST I could do this. The little voice in my head was slurring pretty darn good I might add. I decided to call Ross at home and BS. It got dark and I was some what hammered. I kept feeling something was watching me, no not the Park Rangers, something across the road in the tree line. Out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing something peering at me just out of my field of view. It was kinda of an uneasy feeling, but what the heck I was feeling no pain, so I ignored it for a while. So still talking to Ross on the phone, I look up and over again in that spot. Holy crap it looked like or appeared to be Pirates milling around in the trees and looking at me. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things due to my doublevision from my beer googles I had on or what. I told Ross what I thought I saw or thought I had saw. About that time my wife and kids and friends showed back up. I pulled my wife aside and told her to look over in the same place, didn't mention anything of what I saw, thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me or something. To my surprise she saw it also, THE PIRATES IN THE TREES and they had not been drinking at all. So I am not really sure how to explain it, or actually describe what it was, all I know is we all saw the samething in the same place. I called over these friends of ours. We didn't tell them either about it. They saw something in the trees also. I asked her to describe what she saw. Low and behold THE PIRATES IN THE TREES. I almost fell over and would have if I wasn't so shocked. I can not explain it or assume it was something paranormal either. I don't know for sure what we collectively saw. It was freaky though and I broke out the boittle of Captain Morgan Private Stock and well I don't remember much after that let's just say

And then there the CHUPACABRA problem they have there, OH BOY. But thanks to the PSA Madjack put together on another thread. I have had my share of dealings with them though. That frisbee deal really was the last straw for me. It was my frisbee afterall I knew I had seen it somewhere before. Cunning little conman that CHUPACABRA was. I finally made the connection :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby surveytech » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:42 am

Woody........that is just too freaky.
Pirates in the trees and CHUPACABRA too!
Wonder what else Anastasia has in store for everyone.

thanks for the great explaination .

Walter
surveytech
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:38 am

Woody, the way you do it, it should be called Anesthesia Park. :tipsy:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:38 am

bledsoe3 wrote:Woody, the way you do it, it should be called Anesthesia Park. :tipsy:

Hey I have a good if not great time where ever I go. Life is too short not to experience the pirates in the trees or the rather amourus advances of the CHUPACABRA :shock: (well I could live without that one) :lol: :lol: You still have to consider the 550 years of history of the area. They have a killer ghost tour that you can take and experience the area at night last October . I didn't go with them and look what happened to me at the campsite. Heck people pay the big bucks for the experience. It only cost me a twelve packs and had a front row seat for free. They came to me. :shock: It was agood time last year considering the tropical storm that went thru and heavy rain. All and all it is by far a very pretty park. Well worth the trip
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:18 am

Woody,, you seem to see things on a regular basis when camping,,, Chukerburro,,, Pirates in the trees, singing flamingo's ,,,tree roots,,

bud you got to start drinking a better quality of hooch,,, if ya dont stop running it thru old car radiators that stuff will make ya go blind,,,

and one more thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Woody,, thank you!!!!!!! :lol:

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:16 pm

I used to live in that neighborhood just north of the park, up by the lighthouse. Lots of ghosts around there. Seen a few myself, with and without the liquid anesthesia.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:53 am

Chip wrote:Woody,, you seem to see things on a regular basis when camping,,, Chukerburro,,, Pirates in the trees, singing flamingo's ,,,tree roots,,

bud you got to start drinking a better quality of hooch,,, if ya dont stop running it thru old car radiators that stuff will make ya go blind,,,

and one more thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Woody,, thank you!!!!!!! :lol:

chipper :thumbsup:

Can I do it atleast until I need glasses :lol: :lol: :lol: Singing Flamingoes Hmmmmm, Oh that's right I do owe someone for that one :twisted: being acosted by a singing flamingo in my teardrop at Raccoon Hollar. Yes I remember it like it was yesterday :roll: :roll: That's right and we will all be at the north meets the south gathering in August :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:58 pm

I need to know how many teardrops and other trailer are goin to be there. So I can see how many people are going to be there and so I can tell the rangers about some doubling up and so forth
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:22 pm

This is what I see, based on the site:

Clems #109
Mary Ann #110
David #112
Dale #115
Woody & Ellen #116
Dennis & Darla #118
Ross & Carla #119
Steve Cox #128
John #134

Speed Bump
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Jiminsav » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:54 pm

Woody, Ellen told you to reserve me a spot...did you do it yet?
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ira » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:17 pm

Is that right on top of the toilets?

They called it a shaded spot, so I think that means it's on top of the toilets.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby cracker39 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Ira, are you in 121? I'm in 115 and it's closer to the toilets than 121 is. They're both inside the loop. I deliberately chose one near the toilets for my wife's convenience. She'll make a new path if there isn't one already.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ira » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:52 pm

I made the reservation on the phone with ReserveAmerica, but when I went to the website 5 minutes later, I didn't see a layout of the campsites.

I saw a LAYOUT, but not the sites marked with their numbers.

However, when you finally navigate to Anastasia, the list of available sites are in blue and the non-available ones are like beige. And lo and behold, my 121 site was immediately in beige after I called.

I had made a point of saying that I wanted to be in the Coq loop because I was part of a group, and Ebony said there was ONE site still available there--121.

She was nice enough, but I still don't believe it.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast