**FITTIN' TA GIT REDDY 2007** gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:09 am

...wink wink nudge nudge...ubetcha...just remember I have a penchant for 101 proof sippin' whiskey from ol' Kaintuck with the occaisional forays below the border for a little Reposado or maybe to the Islands for a little Anjeo....aaiiiiiieeeeeeeee, it all sounds like fun and games to me...or as they say over here..."Laissez les Bon Temps Roulet" :thumbsup: :D :twisted: :lol: :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:21 am

Well we call it Bacardi and it is over 151 proof down here, over here we just call it having a good time with alittle salt air and scantly clad women with brazilian accents. Or if the wife is around it is just shots and alittle teardroping and stuff like that. But hey not to change the subject or any thing :lol: :lol: :lol: it is good to have fear of my wife with a smile and a shotglass. Sometimes fear is a good thing nudge, nudge, wink ,wink :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is okay we understand, oh may be it's a fear of the CHUPACABRA thing. Hey according to cryptozoologist they aren't real :twisted: to the non-believer or maybe it's the fear of little shotglasses. It's alright :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or is it a combination of the two :thinking: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 am

...we call that paint stripper around here...oops, my mistake...it's the clear stuff in Mason jars that strips paint :lol: :lol: ...Woody, I wouldn't call it fear but respect and I have plenty of it for any woman who knows her way around a shot glass and can backup a bunch of you palmetto grazers :D :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ...I just found out why we have no chupacaras around here...the Cajuns found out you can eat 'em :R :R :R
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:55 am

Well ifin' ya want the truth it is the mason jars that due make a difference clear or watermelon flavor. Now that thar is some goodin' stuff thar. Matter of fact I was just enjoying some as we type. I hear ya on the type of women that knows there way around a shotglass. But let me tell ya what, I have been known to run when she starts with the shotglass also. So fear might if nothing else keeps me in line when it comes to not surrendering myself. I can not speak for others, only to what I have seen happen to others, and that my friend is what campfire stories and sometime legends and mythology are all about. Aleast a new nickname or two just to have fun with someones really good time and it was noticed by all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But hey I don't want that to get around that we have a good time and enjoy life's little humerous moments, then the gatherings get to large, and we have to find larger accomodations to fit them all in. Gosh that would be terrible :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But you have to be there and enjoy it yourself as friends new and old coming together for a grand old time
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:04 am

Ross Wade wrote:ALRIGHT FOLKS...HERE IS THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER MENU............

We have decided to have a Low Country Shrimp Boil and a BBQ Cook-Off

For those who would like to contribute to the Low Country Boil, we will need: 3 lbs of shrimp, 3 kielbasa's, 5 lbs of potatoes, and 3 packs of 9 corn nibblets....thats a pretty full pot there and it will feed 12-15 people easy. The SHRIMP will be purchased locally, when we get there.

For those who don't like or are allergic to seafood, there will be a BBQ Cook-Off. This could be ribs, briskit, chicken...etc.

Dutch Oven side dishes are always welcome. Just remember the DO rule-of-thumb.......fix enough for 2 - 4 people. Believe it or not, but that is more then enough food and there isn't much left over at the end of the meal.

Plates, napkins, eattin ware always helps too. Let's know what you can contribute so we can make sure that everything is covered.

The list of food and items begins:

Mary Ann: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Steve : Dry Rub ribs
Jim : Tater salad
Woody : Ribs
Ross : Shrimp

That sounds good to me I can hardly wait to go. It looks as if another good time is in the making. AH yes good times, good times
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:05 am

Woody wrote: ..................... But you have to be there and enjoy it yourself as friends new and old coming together for a grand old time

...I sure hope to...one day :thumbsup: ............................................ 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 am

Looking foward to it my friend, looking foward to it, someday real soon. Remember it is not the campground, it is not the locality, it is not the trailers in a row. It is the people that come from near and far that make the gathering as a whole special. I have made many a good friend , many I have felt I have known for a lifetime through teardroppin'. Until we meet and our paths cross. Be seein' yall around the campfire soon. Gosh I got that warm and fuzzy feeling(it's the moonshine), but wait.......... OMG....... it a chupacabra........and he has his eye on my mason jar............ This could get ugly..................This only take a minute.................Why you little bast...................(long Pause for theatrical effect)...........................
Last edited by Woody on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:17 am

Well that didn't take to long. Where was I?.......
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:58 am

Mason jar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Watermellon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,,,,, oops,,, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tequilla might make ya clothes fall of but "da mellon" make ya hide em,,, :shock: :lol: :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:16 am

Chip wrote:Mason jar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Watermellon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,,,,, oops,,, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tequilla might make ya clothes fall of but "da mellon" make ya hide em,,, :shock: :lol: :thumbsup:

Yes sir, liquid panty remover, son is what ya have right there, yes sir SHHHHHHHH :shock:

Hey chip did you get mt message on the phone the other day?
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BobR » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Woody wrote:
Ross Wade wrote:ALRIGHT FOLKS...HERE IS THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER MENU............

For those who would like to contribute to the Low Country Boil, we will need: 3 lbs of shrimp, 3 kielbasa's, 5 lbs of potatoes, and 3 packs of 9 corn nibblets....thats a pretty full pot there and it will feed 12-15 people easy. The SHRIMP will be purchased locally, when we get there.

For those who don't like or are allergic to seafood, there will be a BBQ Cook-Off. This could be ribs, briskit, chicken...etc.

Dutch Oven side dishes are always welcome. Just remember the DO rule-of-thumb.......fix enough for 2 - 4 people. Believe it or not, but that is more then enough food and there isn't much left over at the end of the meal.

Plates, napkins, eattin ware always helps too. Let's know what you can contribute so we can make sure that everything is covered.

Ross : Shrimp

That sounds good to me I can hardly wait to go. It looks as if another good time is in the making. AH yes good times, good times

Isn't it August yet? I have been watching the menu for Saturday night and will definitely be bring somthing that compliments the feast...I just haven't figured it out yet. Must be the martini lunch I had earlier today. ;)
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Just want to bring the menu forward a few pages......to keep it fresh on everyones minds :twisted: :twisted:

ALRIGHT FOLKS...HERE IS THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER MENU............

Ross : Shrimp for the boil
Bob D : taters and onions for the boil
Bob R : Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Skirt Steak & DO side
Ed & Alma : Kielbasa for the boil
Doug & Tammy : Grilled chicken and mac & cheese side
Bob & Sory : Plates, eaten ware, napkins
Last edited by Ross Wade on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:32 pm

Woody,, I did,, Idid,,, but ya got to empty your message box on da phone before I can leave ya anotherone,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:10 am

Chip wrote:Woody,, I did,, Idid,,, but ya got to empty your message box on da phone before I can leave ya anotherone,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well with work the way it is, I keep a dumpin' them and it fills up just as fast. I can't even leave myself a message, of course, I'm not sure I would say to myself anyway :lol: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BobR » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:03 am

Ross Wade wrote:Just want to bring the menu forward a few pages......to keep it fresh on everyones minds :twisted: :twisted:

ALRIGHT FOLKS...HERE IS THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER MENU............

Ross : Shrimp for the boil
Bob D : taters and onions for the boil

I have made my decision...a little something for the beef eaters...Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Skirt Steak with a DO side dish to be determined.
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast