Manatee Springs State Park February 12-13-14

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Lynn...I think we just found the title of your next novel and we're all your characters. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Lynn Coleman wrote:Soooo, is this gathering now "Murder at Manatee"?

Lynn

Hopefully not murder by potluck supper. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:53 pm

HEY...my cookin's not that bad....tums maybe but death...nah. :no:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Lynn...I think we just found the title of your next novel and we're all your characters. ;)

You know I played around with that thought earlier today. I thought about motive, victim, red herrings and just how we might find out who was who and who did what.

I think four people ought to be connected with the victim in some way. But in order for it to be murder, it needs to be personal.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok, I am looking at Murder Mystery Dinner games and I found one that might be fun and Steve and Kim would fit right in. It's called "Murder at The Groovy a Go-Go" and it has a hippie theme. I'm gonna look at several but this one sounded good. So Lynn, get your thinking cap on. Maybe after the party you would have a lot of good stuff for your book. :thinking:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Ok, I am looking at Murder Mystery Dinner games and I found one that might be fun and Steve and Kim would fit right in. It's called "Murder at The Groovy a Go-Go" and it has a hippie theme. I'm gonna look at several but this one sounded good. So Lynn, get your thinking cap on. Maybe after the party you would have a lot of good stuff for your book. :thinking:

The date - November 27, 1969; the place - The Groovy A Go~Go, Peace A Go~Go Greenwich Village, NYC; the victim Ruby Tuesday, the star reporter for the underground newspaper, "The Times They Be A Changin!"

Get ready to venture back in time to the psychedelic sixties and into the world of bell bottoms, love beads and headbands. Be prepared to party with the "in crowd", to "trip" back to the past, to "protest" with the best and help solve the Ruby's murder.

It was a busy time for Ruby....the moon walk, the war, the many protests, marches, sit-ins and love-ins. The times, they really were "a changin"and they kept Ruby hoping as she scampered about the city scooping the hottest stories.

So what happened? Ruby had been invited to meet a group of friends for a quick bite at the coolest club in town, a new hot spot, the Groovy A Go~Go. What Ruby didn't know was that it was to be a surprise birthday party for our star reporter! Balloons and streamers filled the room...the Beatle boots were bopping to the latest hits and everyone was ready for a far-out happening...everybody but Ruby...for as it seems, the chick never showed. Alas her poor lifeless body was found in the dumpster behind the club. It was tightly wrapped in a tie dyed sheet and a scribbled note was found taped to the dumpster. It read simply, "Goodbye Ruby Tuesday". :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:Ok, I am looking at Murder Mystery Dinner games and I found one that might be fun and Steve and Kim would fit right in. It's called "Murder at The Groovy a Go-Go" and it has a hippie theme. I'm gonna look at several but this one sounded good. So Lynn, get your thinking cap on. Maybe after the party you would have a lot of good stuff for your book. :thinking:

The date - February 14, 1969; the place - The Groovy A Go~Go, Peace A Go~Go Greenwich Village, NYC; the victim Ruby Tuesday, the star reporter for the underground newspaper, "The Times They Be A Changin!"

Get ready to venture back in time to the psychedelic sixties and into the world of bell bottoms, love beads and headbands. Be prepared to party with the "in crowd", to "trip" back to the past, to "protest" with the best and help solve the Ruby's murder.

It was a busy time for Ruby....the moon walk, the war, the many protests, marches, sit-ins and love-ins. The times, they really were "a changin"and they kept Ruby hoping as she scampered about the city scooping the hottest stories.

So what happened? Ruby had been invited to meet a group of friends for a quick bite at the coolest club in town, a new hot spot, the Groovy A Go~Go. What Ruby didn't know was that it was to be a surprise birthday party for our star reporter! Balloons and streamers filled the room...the Beatle boots were bopping to the latest hits and everyone was ready for a far-out happening...everybody but Ruby...for as it seems, the chick with the Chick-Built Teardrop never showed. Alas her poor lifeless body was found in the dumpster behind the club...where she was camping for the night in her Chick-Built Teardrop. It was tightly wrapped in a tie dyed sheet with the monogrammed initials "SC" and a scribbled note was found taped to the dumpster. It read simply, "Goodbye Ruby Tuesday". :D

and so begins the plot....
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:50 pm

I was framed................ :fb
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:I was framed................ :fb

They all say that but we have the evidence...but yet, your partner may have set you up. I'm gonna keep my eyes open and take pictures on the sly. :SG :snappy:

And by the way Inspector Cluesew, that is the game I am talking about.

Night n'te.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:21 am

I have an idea for our Sat. Dinner. What if everyone makes something that begins with the letter M. M for Murder of course, or to be more pleasant, Manatee.

What do you all think?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 am

Here's a recipe to get the creative juices flowing.

Macadamia Chicken Salad Recipe
Ready in: 1-2 hrs
Difficulty: 2 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)
Serves/Makes: 4

Ingredients:
4 cups cooked cubed chicken
20 ounces can pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup Macadamia nuts, halved or cut in 1/4s
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 cup mayonnaise
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 am

Good idea Lynn, here's my Manatee soup recipe

Soup Du Manatee

2 lbs manatee meat, cubed
2 tbsps oil
1 cup roux
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2/3 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 lb can whole tomatoes in juice
1 lemon sliced across
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp black pepper
2- inch cut basil sprigs
2 quarts water
4 tbsps parsley

Heat oil. Add roux, tomatoes and juice, onion, celery, bell peppers, lemon, seasonings and herbs. Stir well. Add water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Add parsley and simmer a few minutes more. Add dry sherry if desired when serving.

Oops,
:oops:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:00 am

Mmmmmm....Oops, sorry...I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:22 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Mmmmmm....Oops, sorry...I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard.

:rofl:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:10 pm

forestfrog wrote:I hope y'all don't mind a Louisiana tear (and her Florida friend) crashing your party, 'cause I just booked site #8...arriving on the 12th!! :D

WooooHoo!!! :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

Kristi, I am so stoked that you are coming!! This is going to a fun gathering folks!!

The Manatee Murder Mystery sounds like fun too! :D
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast