October Gathering, Pisgah National Forest, NC

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:23 pm

Clancy, Need fish? Have plenty of trout, some bass, brim, blue gill, and of course cat.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Clancy Courtney » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 am

Frank, Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know a little closer to Oct.
Hope you and Linda are doing well.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:58 pm

Hi Chip

Just read your posting about an invitation to visit you in Greenville and look at your Teardrop in work. This sounds great. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. But I have been reading all of the other postings in the Discussion Sections and didn’t get back to the Southeast Section.

I really would like to drop down and see your Teardrop and see how far you have gotten. I am afraid that I am not too far along on building mine. I had to go up to Tennessee for a few days and next month I have to go down to Florida. If the invitation is still open, how about it if my wife and I plan to drop down sometime during the last two weeks of September? As of now, I don’t have anything on my calendar after the 19th. Let me know and I will let you pick a time. I am retired, so I can meet you anytime that your schedule permits.

Either way, we will stop by at Davidson River in October to meed all of the guys and steal some ideas.

Dan
[email protected]
Dan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:05 pm

I"ve got the chili covered. Alan and Wanda
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Davidson River Campground

Postby Brenna » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:15 am

Hello Everyone! I 1st saw Teardrops on the Travel channel a month ago & was immediately hooked. What a great way to travel! My fiancee, Travis, & I are both 29, just starting out, and dying to travel together. He is very crafty & wants to build one. I like the Camp-Inns.
Are "rubberneckers" welcome to the campground? We live so close, that we can drive up for a day. (Black Mountain is about 18 mi. E. of Asheville) We'd love to come and check out everyone's set-ups and get some ideas and tips. Thanks, Brenna
Brenna
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:34 am

Hi Brenna,

Not only are rubberneckers welcome they are encouraged. When I went to Mystic in July, we invited everyone to walk through, and showed off our teardrops... it was a lot of fun!!!

I won't be able to make it to this campout, but I think you'll have a lot of fun if you show up...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:32 am

Brenna,,,you and Travis are more than welcome at the get together,,throw a tent in and we will try to find ya a place to spend tha night,,right now we have 9,10,11??? trailers that are gonna try to be there, plus a couple of other couples that are tent camping,,I just semi-finished my first and the oct trip is gonna be a week long deal for Donna and I,,we live in Taylors SC just west of Greenville SC,,If ya'll are down this way e-mail me and let me know and I would be glad to show ya mine,(trailer) :lol: that is,,and try to answer any questions ya might have,,there is a good bunch of folks here and will help ya in any way we can,,looking forward to Oct. by the way is black mountain campground still around??use to go here a lot way back,,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Tear Dropper Wanna Be

Postby Hippiemom » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:53 pm

Hello All,
I just recently caught a special on the Travel Channel about the Tear Drop :D . I'm in love...lol. I've been a tent camper for a very long time. This cute little thing suits my camping style and since I'm on the "other" side of 40 :roll: ...its time to get off the ground. However, I'm completely impaired when it comes to building things. Does anyone know of a dealer in the near area? I'm in Marion, about 30 miles east of Asheville. I'd love to have one in time for the gathering in Brevard since its close. If thats not a reasonable expectation...is there a chance that I can throw up a tent and take a look at the other Tear Drops that will be there?

Thanks,
Hippiemom
Live it Large
Hippiemom
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:56 pm

come on down mom..and bring some hash and eggs.*g*
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:16 am

Hey Hippiemom,,,and welcome to our world :lol: unless you find one locally that is for sale I think oct is a stretch as far as getting one built,, also there are a lot of difference in size, layout, etc that could make all the difference in you being happy with a teardrop,, since you have just become infected with the tear disease, I would suggest you bring a tent, come up to davidson and check out different options,, there is nothing like crawling around and under a rig to see what you like and dont like,,then you can put one together just like you want it,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Pisgah Pot Luck

Postby Clancy Courtney » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:36 am

Hi everyone, The Pisgah gathering is about 7 weeks away and I think there will be 9-10 trailers and 5-6 tenters so far. For pot luck supper on Saturday night, I am going to cook fish stew, slaw and some type of dessert and Alan is planning on bringing chili . If you are planning on bringing a dish for the supper please post the item along with your site #, number in party and your name to this message. If you have any other ideas or a better way to compile a list please let me know.
Looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing those tears!
Thanks,
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Frank » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:12 pm

Here's what it looks like so far.

Allen & Wonda #34 Chilly
Clyde & Pammy #37
Bentley & Susan #38
Dani & Jake #41
Ross & Carla #44 Cornbread, plates,bowls,napkins,
Frank & Linda #45 Sweet potato,pecan,coconut,pineapple Pies
Terry & Annette #45
Keith & Penny, Richard, Chris #45
Clancy #47 Fish Stew & Slaw
Darlene,Chris,Alicia, Maranda #48
Jason & Kim #48
Chip & Donna #50 Chips,dip,drinks?, ice
Jim Gallagher #39 Potatoe Salad
Brenna & Travis
Jimbo
Dan
Hippiemom

Ok folks, looks like a Gathering! I will bring some folding tables, say four at 30" X 8'. Also have a 14'X20' cover ordered "thanks to Clyde" to go over the tables incase of inclemit weather. sorry bring your own chairs :lol:

Will keep updating list as information comes in, can give it here or E-Mail me at [email protected]

Frank
Last edited by Frank on Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chip » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:32 am

Clancy/Frank,,Hey since Donna and I will be coming off a 5 day trip prior to Pisga,, we gonna bring chip and dip, soft drinks and ice,,now if yall think of any thing critical after the list is complete then we can make adjustments ,,just let me know,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Clancy Courtney » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:27 am

Frank, It looks like you already started one .
Thanks.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:47 am

There will be two of us. Ross and Carla, site #44 and will bring utensils,plates, bowls, cups,napkins and cornbread to sop up Alans Chili. Nothin' better than Chili and cornbread on a crisp fall night.

This is gonna be fun. See everyone there.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast