CHRISTMAS AT THE BEACH 2005, Myrtle Beach SP, SC

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:23 am

You two have been at a gathering before. Bring something and let us know. Could still use some snacks or drinks. Weather looks loke 40 at night and 60 days with small chance of showers Sunday.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby critter » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:40 pm

hey all,
ill be there on sat for afternoon and ill have moneybags with me,we wont be camping cause we have to go to our place at holden beach to winterize it and wont be bringing the camper cause well have to haul stuff home from there.well be lookin forward to meeting everyone and ill have moneybags fix up some grub.if you think of anything i can bring let me know. 8)
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

New to board, I wanna build a tear drop!

Postby TeardropwannaB » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:54 pm

Hey guys,
I just found your board. I'm wanting to build a tear drop. Been searching the web. My wife Lydia and son Matthew & I live in Charlotte, NC. I have camped over the last 35 yrs in motorhome, pop-up, travel trailer, and currently in a 10x20 tent. My family camps a lot. Getting tired of the tent! We are really wanting to build a tear drop.
Searching for plans and ideas. I hope to have a finished trailer no later than April 2005. I do not have a ton of extra cash, so I plan to for my first trailer at least, use some items I have now. While I would like to have a larger trailer I may use my 4x6 utility trailer to save cash. Do you guys think I'm making a mistake to start with a 4x6 trailer?
I may come to Myrtle Beach saturday to meet you guys and get some ideas.

Tony Powers
TonypATcarolinaDOTrrDOTcom
Charlotte, NC
TeardropwannaB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Tony, welcome to the board...your 4x6 can be made to worl out just fine with the proper profile oniy as long as the tire/axle rating is sufficient
madjack 8)

o.s. got any pics of the trailer...cause ya know...we luv da pics :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:59 pm

Tony, pack up the tent and join us Sat night,, We pretty much have the park to ourselves so come on,, like Madjack said it can work if its rated for enough load,,,

I am in Greenville SC and if I can help any way just let me know,,,I have just started teardrop # 2 so if ya want to see one just started I would be glad to let ya see what I have so far,,,, hope to meet ya'll at da beach

chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TeardropwannaB » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:29 pm

Guys, this trailer has a GVWR of, I think 1,500. lbs.
It also has Load Range C tires. I would *think* that my teardrop would weigh in well under 1,500 lbs loaded. Am I thinking crazy?
With this trailer, using a plywood box, I have hauled over a cubic yard of damp compost.

I also MAY have access to an unused pop-up trailer. Of course, I'd strip it down to the bare frame and could maybe use a few items, like the power inverter, sink, water tank, etc. I've considered instead of a "bed", I could build a table and bench that converts to a bed, much like a pop-up arrangement. That way, we could have a table, inside, to use for games or something in the event of rain.......
Just a lot of ideas going thru my head. I plan to start this project 1st of January.

I can see me building another teardrop after this one!

Tool wise, I should be ok.

Where would I look for the best source of plans?

Chipper, I use to live in Greenville, off of White Horse Road, behind Welcome School.

Tony P
Charlotte, NC
TeardropwannaB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Tony well I am a Charlotte runaway,,, I last lived off Margaret Walace Rd in Matthews,, Clt was just getting to big and I wanted smaller metro area,,, been gone about 6 years now,,, Man that place has changed since I left,,, dont recognize Indep, Blvd,, stay in touch

chipper
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Critter, Come on down. Tony, You are more than welcome to join us at the beach. Seeing a bunch of Live tears is the best thing you can do. Don't forget to bring a camera. The Generic tear topic here at the board will help. There are so many ways of bulding and mods you will see that you shouldn't pass up the chance if you will be in the area. Just saw Chip's build pics of #2. Looking good but I wasn't too sure what that one square bottle was for. I recognized the glue. If the weather holds out we will be staying through Monday. The turkey is thawing and I will pickup the firewood tommorow.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

well...

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 am

well, guys and gals Life happens ya know... and goes on. Here it is Wednesday, and oh how I wish I had a couple more vacation days and a teardrop to be packing tonite!!! :(
I'm out here in windy Oklahoma and in the mood to get outta town.. I've driven to the Charlotte way many times and know that's about a day+half or 18 hour drive so Myrtle would be a little more.

I'll be missing you, since you sound like such a groovy bunch of 'droppers! Have a good time and stay warm!!! :cry:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:42 am

Wood is loaded and tear hooked up. See you all around noon on Friday. Weather looks good. :applause:
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:22 am

racking and packing,, final packing tonight,, Columbia around 10 am then to Florence and on to da beach,, hoping for by or before 1:PM arrival,,, Ill be sliding in sidways and ready to decorate,,,

see yall at or on Da Beach

chipper 8)
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:18 pm

Well it's a windin and a spittin snow. Ummm flash backs from Talbot last year. They is a sezin a inch of snow before we leave. Gonna try a different route, I77 and take a left at Columbia and keep on a bookin. Hoping to get to Columbia around 10. I'll give ya a holler on the yeller phone tomorrow AM Chip.

PS - Don't forget the WHITE ELEPHANT gift given. Take that peice of ugly whatever and wrap it up gender friendly, no name, no tags just the prize piece of you know what. Around dinner time on Saturday we'll have the gift pickin and comedy will insue.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby gailkaitschuck » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:22 am

We'll be leaving later; probably around 3 pm or so when Bill gets in from a trip to Mississippi. It will be dark when we hit the park so we'll wander around trying to find you guys.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

c'mon back!

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:48 pm

I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:03 pm

FRANK AND LINDA : WHERE ARE YOU ? Back, unpacked, had a great time.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast