Short Notice.

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Short Notice.

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:02 am

I am going to spend the weekend at Oak Mountain State Park in Alabama July 26th and 27th. Anyone want to meet up for the weekend? Future trips/meetups/ in area are also open for planning.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Re: Short Notice.

Postby sid » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 am

Hey Paw Paw Drew, sorry we can't make it that weekend, but just wanted to say Hi and congrats on the new trailer.

We camped with you, Reggie, Keith, Sherry, and Campfiremaster at Guntersville back around 2006.

Mark and Pat
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:42 pm

I remember that Sid. Was it you that had the stew made in a dutch oven one night? I camped there a few more times then started staying close to home so I could do my annual Smoky Mountain trip in late october. I am still not sure if I will go to Oak Mountain unless someone wants to meet up. I am also looking at Rickwood Caverns and Tanahill as I am right in the middle of all three.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:47 pm

That was Sherry from New Market, AL that cooked in the dutch oven that weekend...

We've built two other teardrops since that gathering. We've camped with Keith a few times over the years, but haven't seen Reggie or Sherry. I guess Campfiremaster is sitting by the big campfire in the sky... man was that guy funny!

Mark and Pat
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby Paw_Paw_Drew » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

We need to plan another local get together for others that might be in area. I built a small trailer myself but decided wanted to have enough room to stand up and still be able to pull it with my old jeep. Fortunately the Love Bug is supposed to be 548 lbs dry and pulls like a dream.
Meet you at camp
Paw_Paw_Drew
Teardrop Master

Postby sid » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Check over on the Tear Jerkers site for gatherings. Georgia and Alabama have combined their chapters now.

Sept 19-22 there will be a gathering at Cloudland Canyon SP in Rising Fawn, GA. It's a great campground, we've been there a few times.
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Return to Southeast